All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
turkey
      #370556 - 10/30/13 01:41 PM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

This christmas will be the first one I will eat ibs safe. So also our guests will eat ibs safe but without knowing it. Now are we searching for a really tasty christmas turkey recipe. First we like to make it earlier for tasting it and see if it's nice enough for our guests. What kinda side dishes are great with the recipe?
I am looking forward to an ibs safe christmas. It feels like a real challenge and a closure of ibs without knowing how to handle it.

Saskia.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

No problem! new
      #370557 - 10/30/13 01:53 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Don't tell your guests, they'll never know.

For you, stick to skinless white meat from the turkey, and no gravy. It's basically impossible to make low fat gravy - make it your usual way for your guests, and if you must have some just really limit the quantity. It's not likely to matter how you cook the turkey, as you'll be removing the skin before you eat your portion. So the normal roasting or baking recipe you have should be fine.

But for sides - there are endless options. There are a lot of archived newsletter recipes for Thanksgiving, which revolve around a turkey, and sides, desserts, etc.

Check here:

http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/thanks111903.html#fooddiet

http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/12/111912.html#fooddiet

http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/06/111406.html#fooddiet

If you have specific ideas or requests, let me know!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: No problem! new
      #370558 - 10/30/13 02:08 PM
Sassie

Thank you Heather. We are looking for a stuffed turkey so I guess the stuffing is in this case important. My husband doesn't like fruit in his diner. We were thinking about filling with mushrooms or something. We never made turkey in whole befor because normally we would make red meat.

I will search on the site for sidedishes, perhaps with pumpkin or something.

Saskia

#370561 - 10/30/13 05:35 PM
HeatherAdministrator

There are a few stuffing recipes in the links I gave earlier. Basically, stuffing is a great soluble fiber staple if you just watch the fat. And you could easily sautee a bunch of mushrooms for the stuffing - that is yummy.

Also check here for the full IBS recipe index

There should be tons of side dishes listed.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#370562 - 10/31/13 12:39 PM
Sassie

Thanks for your info again. :-)

went well. new
      #370754 - 12/29/13 07:16 AM
Sassie

We had 2 days with much food. The 1st day was not really ibs safe. We had pork for example but also fish, veggies and some bread, potatoes etc. Because I ate ibs safe long I could handle it.
The second day we had soup, shrimp, salad and turkey with coocked potatoes and mushroom. It went well. I could have some bad things but mainly I ate ibs safe. No problems for me this christmas. Thanks Heather

Saskia

Re: turkey new
      #370780 - 01/11/14 01:30 AM
chal5oye

Reged: 01/11/14

I am looking forward to an ibs safe christmas. It feels like a real challenge and a closure of ibs without knowing how to handle it.

--------------------
If you want to get 642-447 dumps certified then take advantage of latest Isilon as well as Washington University in St. Louis test demos and pass real exam on first try.

Yay!! This is wonderful - good for you! -nt- new
      #370821 - 01/24/14 10:12 AM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------

#371703 - 12/12/14 02:00 AM
coolgee6

Reged: 12/12/14

nice post dear.....

--------------------
Download high quality comptia study exam dumps to prepare and pass ccvp with 1z0-053 - testking - braindumps.com dumps

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16484

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review