All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nope Heather, I'm sorry.......
      #345527 - 05/04/09 03:37 PM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

I am sorry I was under the misconception that this site was made to actually HELP people and let sufferers from IBS talk about symptoms, their feelings, and things that did and did not work for them. This site is made with biased information and is prejudiced to people who eat meat or who have views which falter from yours. Also, there is absolutely no reason why you can't follow a HEALTHY ibs friendly diet after you become stable......not a diet full of processed soy products and white carbohydrates. I urge people to please research the information contained within these guidelines given on this site.....the core program is well set, although eventually healthy foods should be integrated in when at all possible. In addition please check into whether or not soy is healthy. To all new people who have accessed this site please very weary when first beginning this plan that soy causes major stomach distress in people even if they are NOT suffering from ibs.

Lastly, trust your instincts.....if something does not set right with you or a product doesn't make you feel good....do not continue to take it because people have told you it should help your symptoms.

Find a site that will help you discuss freely what has worked for you.

I had asked a perfectly legitimate question, I am sorry that I do not follow a vegan diet (which if I am not mmistaken you had said you would be following shortly and that was one of the healthiest diets.....um where exactly are you getting your information concerning that. Veganism is actually one of the MOST difficult diets to follow while still making sure you are receiving all your essential nutrients. Making it even harder for ibs sufferers because of the lack of fruits and vegetables we can tolerate.

I will no longer be posting on this site I wish everyone the best!! I am going to be diligently focused on beginning my own site to help people follow a NUTRITIOUS fight against ibs.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nope Heather, I'm sorry......Hmmm well put!!nt. new
      #345528 - 05/04/09 03:59 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Nope Heather, I'm sorry......Hmmm well put!!nt. new
      #345529 - 05/04/09 04:12 PM
Rogue

Reged: 01/27/08
Loc: Ottawa, Canada

Well said..

--------------------
IBS-A mostly D, Emetaphobic, GAD

Rebecca new
      #345530 - 05/04/09 04:52 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Please stay in touch about your site. The more helpful sites we have out there, the better. I am happy that it will be an "open forum" type of discussion board, so that we can discuss everything we have tried, including food, drink, products, therapies, exercise, etc., and maybe even tie into other helpful websites. I am assuming from your post, that nothing would be "off limits".

It would be great to have one very large interconnected IBS community, where all can be helped, and can openly discuss everything connected to IBS.

Stay well! I will miss your knowledgeable and helpul advice.

Lynn

Re: Nope Heather, I'm sorry....... new
      #345531 - 05/04/09 05:02 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

I agree that you have to do what is right for you, and no one else can tell you what the ultimate life-saving diet is, or that there is only one.

Myself, I cannot tolerate any yeast or too much sugar, even though it is allowed on the IBS diet. For some, they are not bothered by those food choices. For me, some of the IBS diet as outlined, causes me problems. I choose to eat healthy (whole, natural)foods that I can tolerate (sometimes trial and error)and omit what I can't (mostly any processed foods that come in a box, bag or can with all the added preservatives, etc.). Why would anyone have a problem with that? I have to do what is best for me. I'm not out to prove, or disprove anyones' ideas. If it works for you,... bonus! If not, keep experimenting with what your body can tolerate. Don't doctors even have to keep trying different meds with patients if they don't get the desired result the first (or second...) time?

Heather's diet has done a lot of good for many people. Certainly try it, and give it adequate time to see if it will help you. But, also realize, one size does not fit all. For instance, if your IBS symptoms are due to your bowel flora being out of whack (from use of antibiotics, birth control pills, mold exposure etc.), then those foods(high carbs, sugar) will continue to perpetuate your problem.

You have misunderstood a basic concept of these boards new
      #345532 - 05/04/09 05:24 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

posts must fall within the Eating for IBS guidelines. There is no way to eat safely for IBS and eat red meat. There is no connection between this and a vegan diet, however.

You can still have seafood, skinless white meat poultry, egg whites, and honey. None of these things fall into a vegan diet, though they are fine for IBS.

I'm truly sorry if you find the diet board no longer to your liking, but I have to take action after months of complaints from posters that the boards have spiraled out of control and off topic.

Again, to everyone, please read the board guidelines posted here IBS Diet Board Guidelines

If you can't comply with the guidelines, please just read and don't post. Otherwise, your non-compliant posts will be locked or outright deleted.

Once again, folks, this is NOT a general diet board. It's specific to the Eating for IBS diet. That diet is nutritionally sound for anyone, whether they have IBS or not.

I don't know how to be any clearer about the guidelines for this board. If clarification makes some folks take offense, then I apologize, but I am unable to alter my stance on this.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4573 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1829

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review