Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
? for Heather
      #20508 - 09/12/03 11:44 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Heather-

I do have the IBS-C and I do have some success with the fiber and water, however no matter what I eat, I always feel "heavy" after I eat and I don't overeat. Just very small portions. I usually feel the heaviness in my lower abdomenal area and I bloat and sometimes have very painful gas that is hard to move despite taking beeno and phazyme. Of course it is worse during PMS but does this sound like typical symptoms or could this be female related?

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ? for Heather new
      #20512 - 09/12/03 11:51 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there - I honestly don't know about the "heavy" feeling. The fact that it's consistent with meals makes me think it's not gynecological. IBS symptoms usually do worsen with PMS and menstruation.

Have you tried fennel for the bloating and gas? That's probably the single most effective thing I've ever found, and it works for seemingly everyone. There's info here web page

There are also yoga postures for gas that are very helpful - check here web page

If you have other reasons that make you suspect it's not just IBS but may be something gynecological, please do check with your doc. You could have more than one thing going on, with overlapping symptoms.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#20520 - 09/12/03 12:10 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi RLU, I get the same 'heavy' feeling and bloating after meals too! Even if I eat just a little bit, very frustrating! Espeacially when going out to dinner with friends and family, I'm always dying to get home and get my pants off! Unfortuantly, it's not for the reason my husband would like, its because no matter how loose my pants are before dinner, they are too tight after dinner! Not much seems to help, sometimes going for a walk or just being up and putzing around the house helps a little. If you find something that helps, PLEASE let me know!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michele, you are too funny! --nt-- new
      #20521 - 09/12/03 12:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Rhonda, where have you been lately? ----nt----- new
      #20534 - 09/12/03 12:27 PM
BL

#20536 - 09/12/03 12:37 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

LOL ... Michele! I'm the EXACT way. Soon as I get into the house, my pants are gone. I hate having anything against my waist. And, since I only sleep nekkid (:-0) sleepytime is my favorite part of the day.

RLU, I experience the same feelings of heaviness that you do. I went to have accupuncture today and am going back for at least three more sessions. The accupuncturist said that he's had a high success rate with IBS-C, so I'll let you know if I have any improvement.

Oh, and I went to my health food store and found an anti-gas capsule that had BOTH simethecone (stuff in all otc gas meds) and peppermint oil. I sometimes take ibuprofin if I feel like I'm 'swollen' in my abdomen, and occasionally and anti-histamine.

Hope you're doing well!

--------------------
~jules

Do we really need to know you sleep in the nude? ----nt--- new
      #20542 - 09/12/03 01:08 PM
BL

I think she should change her picture to reflect this!! -nt- new
      #20543 - 09/12/03 01:11 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I think she should change her picture to reflect this!! -nt- new
      #20548 - 09/12/03 01:20 PM
BL

I was just thinking this. Someone asked Jules to post a current picture of herself, and that's great. As long as it's not one of her sleeping!

Re: Rhonda, where have you been lately? ----nt----- new
      #20727 - 09/15/03 08:49 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Hey there-

I only have a work computer and we have had a virus and been loaded down with work and looking for another job!!! ugghh looks like a layoff maybe in my near future. But I am back and posting now Hope all is well with you!!!

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8007 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3017

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review