IBS Quick Tip!
Bloating & Gas Relief!
Tip Takeaway: Watch your diet to help prevent IBS bloating. Use gentle physical movement plus strong fennel tea to help relieve IBS bloating.
- IBS bloating stems from trapped intestinal gas, plus our dysfunctional guts' hyper reaction to that gas.
- Gas is trapped by the mis-timed, or irregularly timed, bowel contractions that underlie IBS.
- Bloating is one of the most frustrating IBS symptoms.
- Relieve Bloating - Try this super easy on-the-floor yoga pose:
- Lie on your back. Gently bring one bent knee up to your chest, keeping your head and your other leg relaxed on the floor. Hold your knee with your hands as close to your chest as is comfortable. Breathe deeply. Repeat with your other leg. This is called the wind relieving pose for a reason!
- Drink medicinal strength, high volatile oil, hot fennel tea. Fennel seed tea is a carminative, which means it prevents the formation of gas, and aids in its expulsion.
- Take an easy walk around the block, or even just around the house.
- Moving your body stimulates the smooth muscles of your gut, which in turn encourages rhythmic contractions of your bowel.
- Rhythmic contractions = no trapped gas = no bloating!
- Prevent Bloating
- Avoid chewing gum, which can cause you to swallow a lot of air.
- Eliminate all carbonated beverages. They're a major IBS trigger for bloating and other symptoms.
- Watch out for rapidly fermenting fibers added to processed foods - inulin and FOS are FODMAPS, and can cause terrible bloating. Psyllium can cause bloating as well.
Heather Van Vorous &
Heather's Tummy Care
Over 15 Years of IBS Business!
Have other IBS questions? Please call us toll free 866-640-4942.
Outside the continental US? Call direct 206-264-8069.
Get more IBS help at HelpForIBS.com!
See all the IBS Quick Tips!
Thank you for your continued support!
The goal of Heather's Tummy Care is to do good in the world - not just for IBS, but for our employees, our customers, our natural world and its magnificent creatures, and both our local and global communities. We contribute to national and international environmental and wildlife protection funds.
Millions of albatross chicks starve
to death on plastic ocean garbage.
Help us end elephant slaughter.
You're on this newsletter list because you have expressed interest in IBS news and information.
Change your newsletter email address here.
If you are viewing this newsletter on a website and would like to subscribe for email delivery, please "Join the IBS Newsletter" here.
ANTI-SPAM PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Heather's Tummy Care
19203 70th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032 USA
© 2017 Heather Van Vorous, Heather's Tummy Care. All rights reserved.
Authored by Heather Van Vorous. May not be reproduced without permission.
USA Copyright Office Registration Number TXU 1-270-858 and others.