All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chiropractic Care for IBS?
      #84752 - 06/30/04 06:45 AM
Pamela

Reged: 06/30/04
Loc: North Carolina

I am considering utilizing a chiropractor to get routine spinal adjustments in the hope that this will help reduce my IBS symptoms. Has anyone else tried this as a treatment modality? If so was it positive or negative outcome. So far, eating differently, exercising, and taking drugs from the doctor have helped some, but I still cannot function normally on a daily or weekly basis due to IBS. Am willing to try anything! Will chiropractic care help? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Well, you can try, but I wouldn't put this at the top of my list.... new
      #85023 - 06/30/04 12:31 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've never even seen any support for chiropractic care as a treatment for any GI disorder, or heard from anyone who had success here. I was actually taken to a chiropractor for my IBS when I was a kid, and it was a really bad experience. As an adult I love my chiropractor for neck/back/shoulder problems and such, but I can't say it's ever made a lick of difference for IBS or anything non-spinal.

If you're still looking for ways to really make an impact on your symptoms, I'd try the self-hypnosis IBS program before anything chiropractic. I know that program works, and works extremely well. You'll spend less for the whole 100 day process than you will for one visit to the chiropractor, and the odds are fantastic you'll see a huge, huge improvement in your symptoms. There's a ton of info in the hypnosis section of the website (link is on the left side of your page), you can ask questions in the hypnosis forum here on the boards, and there's a detailed page about the program itself here hypnosis program where you can listen to audio samples.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Well, you can try, but I wouldn't put this at the top of my list.... new
      #85145 - 06/30/04 07:10 PM
Pamela

Reged: 06/30/04
Loc: North Carolina

Heather, Thanks for your thoughtful reply regarding chiropractic care as a possible aid to IBS. I will take a long look at the hypnosis section. Since I am new here, I have focused mainly on trying out new recipes and looking at research related articles. I appreciate the information that can be gleaned from your webpages.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9007

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review