All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pain from Yoga?
      #7806 - 04/29/03 08:21 AM
Flexi

Reged: 04/29/03

Hi Folks,
Has anyone experienced anal/rectal pain [proctalgia] which is usually a very brief but sharp upward pain in the back passage. People with/without IBS can experience and since starting Yoga a few weeks ago, I have had a chronic pain such as this daily [wakes me up in the night] but for much longer duration. GI says maybe because I'm manipulating the pelvic floor muscles it could have triggered something.
Any thoughts? p.s I've be relatively IBS symptom free for 8 mos and joined Yoga [1 hr per week] to regain flexibility.

Edited by Flexi (04/29/03 08:23 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pain from Yoga? new
      #8338 - 05/06/03 07:40 AM
Flexi

Reged: 04/29/03

Looks like no one here has experienced this one. Still a mystery for me. Am now using a thicker cushion to sit on for yoga and being extra careful of the stretches I make. Pain seems to have subsided for a few days ~ hopefully gone.

Re: Pain from Yoga? new
      #8354 - 05/06/03 11:23 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Sorry no one had any feedback here. I really don't know what to tell you. I would check with your yoga teacher and let them know what's happening. They should have some suggestions for alternate poses for you, or perhaps poses that will directly help the problem.

Hope it goes away soon!

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4904

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review