All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
heartburn from yoga
      #59818 - 04/09/04 07:36 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I was wondering if anyone else got heartburn after doing yoga? I just started so Ive only done it 3 times and all 3 times Ive gotten really bad heartburn after it. I waited at least 3 hours or so after dinner but maybe I should do it before dinner. Just wondering!?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: heartburn from yoga new
      #59915 - 04/10/04 09:44 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Yes! I always get heartburn after doing yoga. Maybe cause some of the positions include leaning/bending forward or lying flat on your back so it makes it easier for the stomach acid to come back up. I feel ya on that one! But don't really know how to prevent it OH well..I hope you feel better and find some way to do yoga without getting heartburn...maybe just experiment to see which positions do/don't cause you heartburn (unless all of them do ) Good luck!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#60052 - 04/11/04 12:01 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Wow, that's really a bummer. I'd ask your teacher about this - maybe there are some poses that are specifically contributing to this that you shouldn't do, or there are variations. If you find out some info here, please let us know!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#60077 - 04/11/04 10:12 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Unfortunately I dont have a teacher, Im just doing a couple of videos that I have bought. There is alot of bent over upside down poses in it which I think may be it but I dont know much about yoga.

#67365 - 05/04/04 11:47 AM
Katy6170

Reged: 03/31/04
Loc: New Jersey

try to do yoga on an empty stomach, drink some chamomile (not peppermint)tea beforehand. Depending on what you've eaten, it can take a while for that food to digest, even two hours after you've eaten it can affect your body when doing yoga.
Hope that helps!

#91769 - 07/20/04 10:36 AM
BertL

Reged: 10/31/03

3 hours might not be enough. The normal recommendation is 3-4 hours, but that is individual (and depending on what you eat) and you might need more time. What if you do yoga early in the morning, before eating?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10878

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review