Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: PILATES! - question new
      #69464 - 05/11/04 11:46 AM
Katy6170

Reged: 03/31/04
Loc: New Jersey

Abby,
I'm a sucker for Denise Austin, I just love her. She's got a few pilates tapes out there. They are a lot cheaper than the Winsor Series, and are about the same. I like "PowerYoga" which has a great 20 minute ashtanga yoga session followed by a pilates series that uses light weights. She also has a tape called "Pilates for Every Body" and "Mat Workout based on the works of J.H. Pilates"
They are all good...
Hope this helps! Good luck with your pilates!
-Katy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PILATES! - question new
      #74573 - 05/29/04 10:28 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi,

I've tried a few pilates tapes.. specifically pilates for weight loss and didn't really like it. It was incredibly boring and didn't seem very challenging.

I bought winsor pilates a few months ago and I love it. I don't think its boring at all and it comes with a tape for busy days as well when you only have 20 mins.

--------------------

This is really good to know - thank you new
      #75116 - 05/31/04 10:34 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've been wanting to try some Pilates to see how it compares to yoga, since they seem to have so much in common. But all I've seen of Pilates looks very boring, so I've been hesitant. Sounds like winsor Pilates is a more interesting option!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: This is really good to know - thank you new
      #75418 - 06/02/04 04:43 AM

Unregistered

Its been about a month since I started Pilates and posted this post... Its wonderful! I go twice a week and then work out normally (cardio) twice a week. I have already started to notice a difference in my flexability and weight loss. Its great, and its a nice break from running on the treadmill and going no where

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30546

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review