All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help
      #39016 - 01/19/04 06:08 PM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I printed out the yoga poses, Im out of shape. They are hard. I liked them, should
i get a biggeners tape, then work on the poses til I get more limber.

i

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help new
      #39044 - 01/20/04 03:45 AM
oceane

Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: Toronto, Canada

In yoga there are usually variations to poses so you can still have the benefit of a pose even if you don't have it perfectly yet (since yoga isn't about perfection anyways!).

I have two suggestions: either find some books at the library that show the poses and their variations, or, I am totally in love with the workout tape from Gaiam: Yoga for Weight Loss. All poses are shown with 2 extra variations depending on your level. If you purchase the DVD you can also "customize" your viewing to different levels, and have some more details than VHS.
And, it is the only yoga workout I own that I truly love, and I own and have tried many.

Good luck!

This is really helpful... new
      #39515 - 01/21/04 01:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I haven't seen that video but it sounds terrific. It is really important for someone not to get discouraged because they try yoga and find the poses too difficult. There are ALWAYS variations for beginner levels, and if that's where you're at you'll get just as much benefit as someone who's experienced will get from a more advanced level of a pose.

Try easier versions, take some beginner yoga classes, try beginner level tapes. It's definitely worth it!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: This is really helpful... new
      #39571 - 01/21/04 04:04 PM
nurturingkneads

Oh Im excited about it, heather or anyone do you do pilates

--------------------
Gretchen

Never tried pilates - I just do yoga. -nt- new
      #39632 - 01/21/04 06:52 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I LOVE Pilates! new
      #39850 - 01/22/04 04:32 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

It is so much fun and works so well. I am so undisciplined and yet I am still getting stronger. There was a big discussion on this in the living room a while back -- and a few of us discussed it here too. This is the best!!

I tried yoga a little -- I didn't really like it. However -- I LOVE Pilates. I use the Winsor system. I have also used a couple other tapes - but I like Winsor the best. I always feel energized when I'm done and I am getting a great shape from it.

Re: I LOVE Pilates! new
      #39933 - 01/23/04 04:21 AM
nurturingkneads

I really like it too. i just need to get back into it again, I want to do yoga too

--------------------
Gretchen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11262

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review