All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
I had this same instructor again Fri new
      #253043 - 03/19/06 09:13 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

And I really don't like him.... I was more stressed and tense after class then when I went in there..... he kind of has this "I'm better then everyone" vibe that he lets off... he does not even greet the class when he comes in... and the fact that he says the words that I don't understand FIRST and then the English words...makes it really hard, because by time I hear the English word and ALMOST get into the pose....HE has moved onto the next pose, but saying it in the other language I don't understand him.... it is very frustrating....

I was not the only one who felt this way..... one lady who took the kickboxing class with me Sat morning came up to me and asked me what I thought of the Yoga class on Fri..... our thoughts were very much the same. And we both HURT after the class....

I know the yoga classes at my gym are included in my membership.... but I think I just might find another studio and pay for it once a week instead..... maybe hot yoga again....if they have it at a time that is good for me.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Waitaminute....does this guy also teach at Samadhi? new
      #253531 - 03/21/06 02:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I had a guy who was a regular teacher there, and then had him again as a sub teacher at 8 Limbs, and I could not stand him. Only yoga class I've ever had where I felt worse after class than before. He was like a drill sergeant. He paid no attention to the students - it was like he was just doing his own workout for himself.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Waitaminute....does this guy also teach at Samadhi? new
      #253689 - 03/22/06 08:36 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm not sure...about Samadhi...... his first name starts with "M".... I don't want to say his full name on here....at the end of his session he does a little reading from a book.....and he is BIG into "the breath" during the class....and he wears a mic...so it is really loud. I looked into going to the new 8 Limbs in West Seattle... they DO have a class that starts at 6:30pm on Fridays... so, I might try that.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21878

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review