All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Never Thought I would be asking
      #203552 - 08/08/05 10:24 AM
goodcop1

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: Hilton Head South Carolina

I'm new to this IBS stuff and I have ordered Heathers stuff (caps and that other stuff you mix with foods).
While I'm waiting for the items, what kind of poses can I use for the bloating. Last night I walked in place for an hour and a half before it subsided. I guess I'm an A type but presently I'm C for about 4 days. I've been eating chicken, carrots, pasta, green tea, and plain bread,Rice milk and Rice Chex(yep I have been reading the posts from the site). The last thing I ever thought I would be doing is yoga but I am in if it helps.
I had some stress yesterday as we had to put my old police dog Suzie down. She lived 12 and a half years. Suzie was a bomb dog with the Police Department who when she flunked out for alergies was given to me. Probably the best friend any cop could have had.

--------------------
"Thru Him with Him and in Him".

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Never Thought I would be asking new
      #203563 - 08/08/05 10:38 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Jimbo - I'm so sorry about your dog. I still miss the dog I grew up with and he's been gone for 12 years now...

Do make sure you carefully add in some insoluble fiber - maybe blend some fresh fruit into a smoothie.

There are quite a few poses for specific symptoms listed in the yoga section - click on the "yoga for IBS" link on the left side of your screen, and you can follow from there. The poses for bloating and gas tend to work pretty quickly, and the ones for constipation can work fairly fast too. Good luck!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#203577 - 08/08/05 10:58 AM
goodcop1

Reged: 08/02/05
Loc: Hilton Head South Carolina

I can't thank you enough!
Jim

--------------------
"Thru Him with Him and in Him".

#206538 - 08/18/05 02:53 PM
reagan

Reged: 08/18/05

Jim - let me know if the yoga works for you. I have extreme bloating and "C" - I've been on my soluble fiber for about 1 week but when I try to introduce insoluble I start bloating up. I would be interested to hear how you are introducing insoluble. Good Luck!!

You can go ahead and try the poses that are listed in the yoga section new
      #206792 - 08/19/05 12:56 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

of the site - just follow the navigation link on the left side of the screen. Some of the ones for bloating can help right away, and they're almost all very easy, gentle poses.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

And have a look on the diet board... new
      #207668 - 08/23/05 01:12 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...as reintroducing IF is a popular topic! Do a search and you'll get LOADS of advice.

#215720 - 09/25/05 12:16 PM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

You know, I went through the same thing. I'm sure most people do ... but after CONTINUALLY starting the diet over b/c I thought I was doing something wrong ... I finally just stuck through it (BLOAT AND ALL) and it slowly subsided. Your body just has to adjust I think. But like Linz said ... this is a popular topic .. you should do a search on it!

#216468 - 09/29/05 07:13 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey there,
I have the same thing (I'm a C & sometimes an A) I never thought I'd try Yoga either ( I noticed your statement at the bottom! Praise the Lord!! I just stumbled on to this website, or should I say, God lead me here! I've noticed other believers on this site. Without Him, I would never have come this far!! He used this IBS to show me how bad my eating habits were. I never thought much of it. But our bodies are His temple!! It's amazing how He can use something we see as "bad" & use it to glorify Himself & teach new truths!! Hope to talk to you soon! Kiwi

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13962

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review