All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How long to go thru Yoga Poses for Digestive Health?
      #19893 - 09/08/03 07:39 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I was wondering how long it usually takes to go through the poses listed in Yoga Poses for Digestive Health.

How long should I hold each pose and how long for the entire sequence?

THanks!

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How long to go thru Yoga Poses for Digestive Health? new
      #19968 - 09/08/03 07:00 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Jules! I'm not sure how long the entire sequence would last, but in many of my classes we hold each pose for 5 breaths. The deeper and slower your breath, the better, so this would lengthen the time in each pose. You might start with 3 full breaths per pose, and stay in the poses you enjoy for a longer period of time. I'm sure you can adapt the sequence so it fits a time frame that's comfortable for you. You could also go through the whole sequence more than once if you like.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: How long to go thru Yoga Poses for Digestive Health? new
      #19984 - 09/08/03 07:48 PM
YogaTeacher

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: New Hampshire

Hey Jules,

Heather gave you some good advice.... Depending on what kind of yoga I am practicing I hold most postures for 5 breaths. The ones that I feel like I am really needing that day, I may hold for longer. My suggestion is to try the entire sequence one day when you are not feeling rushed and go through each one and see how long it takes you. If it seems too long for your everyday schedule.. perhaps you can try shortening it OR break it into parts and do what you feel you are needing that day and then doing the entire sequence when you have more time. It is YOUR practice to create to fit your life.... if it's too long and you dread it you probably won't do it... so start playing with it, experiment with holding the postures for 5 breaths or so (or less if that feels to difficult to start with) and see how it unfolds. Either way, keep at it... consistency is the key.

Let us know how it goes.

Peace,
K

--------------------
"You have to be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks, this helps lots!! -nt- new
      #20002 - 09/09/03 05:30 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6928

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review