All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Yoga questions
      #17376 - 08/15/03 09:36 AM
BethE

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: Syracuse, NY

I have been looking at various forms of exercise for relaxation / stretching, and have been told that yoga is one of the best. However, I keep getting varied opinions on how you should take the classes / participate - is there a particular video or type of yoga that is most effective?

--------------------
Beth
IBS - D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yoga questions new
      #17440 - 08/15/03 12:43 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Beth - If you can take classes locally that's the best, especially if you're new. It's so much easier to learn the basics and make sure you're in the right poses, and not doing something that could cause injury, when the teacher is right there. You can then supplement the classes with videos - there have been several suggested on past threads. I like anything by Doug Swenson. YogaTeacher has made some past suggestions you could search for.

You can probably get a two month trial membership at a local yoga school. Many of them offer several different styles of yoga, so you can try them all and see what are your favorites! For IBS, they'll all be very helpful.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review