All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Hot Yoga new
      #171964 - 04/20/05 04:14 PM
court81

Reged: 04/12/05

Thanks so much for posting this!!!! I was just looking for info about it and a place in my area. So far, I can't find anywhere in my area that offers Bikram yoga.
I have never done yoga at all before. I don't really understand it and have been scared away by the meditation aspect of it... I don't know what yoga is all about exactly, but am open to learning more about it.
Can you start Bikram without knowing anything about yoga? After reading the benefits of Bikram (and that some ppl enjoy it so much!) I'm anxious to give it a try! I think it would do my body a lot of good.

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I haven't tried this.... new
      #171973 - 04/20/05 04:48 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

but you should be able to just take a class and see what you think. Let the instructor know beforehand that you're brand new, and she'll suggest modifications for poses throughout the practice so you can keep things at a beginner level. You'll probably be surprised by how quickly you are able to go deeper into poses, though, so don't be discouraged if it's challenging at first.

The meditation aspect is much easier than you think, and it gets easier with every practice. Most classes don't have a very long meditation period, so don't be scared. You'll likely come to really appreciate that aspect of class - it's very quieting and soothing.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I haven't tried this.... new
      #172020 - 04/20/05 07:53 PM
court81

Reged: 04/12/05

I will keep looking for a place to do it in my area. I e-mailed a yoga studio today to ask if they offer it. They do offer beginner classes for yoga, so I will probably try that. I really hope they offer Bikram yoga because it sounds so great! I usually don't do well in heat because I often associate the heat with how I feel during a bad stomachache. But if I can learn to relax and stretch in the heat, I'll be able to get through a stomachache a little easier. I'm sure I'd feel better... AND would be able to drink more water in day to rehydrate myself! I have a problem drinking as much water as I should right now. Pop and flavored drinks are murder on my stomach, but I can't seem to completely cut them out of my diet.
Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will find a place to try this out and see how I like it!

Hot Yoga - TAKING IT AGAIN THIS FRIDAY!! :) new
      #253989 - 03/23/06 11:46 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I will be taking this again on Friday... it has been just over a year and I have not been back..... just cuz my schedule was all changed around right after I took this...but i started taking Yoga again last friday at my gym and did not care for the instructor.... so I decided I would check out this studio again to see what times the classes were and SCORE... the same time as the one at the gym!! I'm hoping this will help with my tight hamstrings that I have been seeing a physical therapist for...... crossing fingers is does not make it worse...... only down side is this is $15 for a walk in Vs free at the gym (included in my membership)...... oh well.... I have to enjoy it RIGHT?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Hot Yoga - TAKING IT AGAIN THIS FRIDAY!! :) new
      #254384 - 03/25/06 08:49 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Now that was some HOT yoga!! LOL I feel good...was not able to do some of the advanced moves... but maybe next time.... just had to get in the groove of things... but hey.... I did lots of "releasing the wind" He even mentioned while we were in the pose that "this pose is helps digestion"

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27028

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review