All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
WHAAA - My Yoga Teacher is Quiting...
      #15514 - 07/30/03 06:46 AM
Yolanda

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: New Hampshire

I'm so depressed. Yesterday my Yoga teacher told us she will stop teaching in September. I just love her. She is fantastic, and yoga has made such a difference in my life.

Yogateacher, I know you are in NH and so am I (I think we have chatted about this before) I'm in the Lakes Region and my teacher was at Joy of Yoga in Laconia. Do you know of anyone else in the area that is good a teaching without being preachy? (hopefully I haven't offended with "preachy" but I don't want it to be a religous experience, I can handle that part on my own) There is a class at the local gym, but I've heard it's more of a workout than a stretch/relaxation/breathing class.

Anyway, just wanted to whine, thanks for listening!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WHAAA - My Yoga Teacher is Quiting... new
      #17642 - 08/18/03 11:03 AM
Yolanda

bump

#17787 - 08/19/03 05:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'm not sure where YogaTeacher is, but hopefully she'll have some suggestion here. There is a nifty little site to help you find local yoga teachers - check here web page

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#18092 - 08/21/03 08:09 PM
YogaTeacher

Reged: 01/30/03

Hey Yolanda,

Sorry for the tardy response but I was away at Kripalu for a yoga workshop and then came home to kind of renovate my office and lost use of my computer for a bit. Sigh... but I am back.

I'm sorry to hear you that your teacher is.... "QUITTING" did you say? Does she own the "Joy of Yoga Studio" or does someone else own & operate it? Is she going to be teaching somewhere else locally or is she giving up the profession entirely? I looked around... and there is a class at a local gym but I do not know who the teacher is and would not recommend someone that I do not know. Perhaps you can go to the class once and check it out for yourself? Or you can ask around and see if there are any other classes/teachers that folks might recommend. Or ask your teacher (what is her name?) and maybe she could get you headed in the right direction.

I do not know many teachers in your area. I know tons of folks down in the Concord area but the lakes region is a bit out of my range.

Sorry...... but please let me know how the search goes.....and I will keep my eyes and ears out for you. As Heather stated, there are lots of search engines online that might be helpful too.

Peace,

K

--------------------
"You have to be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

#18584 - 08/26/03 08:03 AM
Yolanda

Thanks Yoga Teacher! She did own Joy of Yoga, but sold it to another woman. It is my understanding that she was asked to leave because of a conflict in beliefs. She will not be teaching anywhere else, at least for now. Today was my last class and I'm sure going to miss her. I don't know enough about the situation to make an opinion, so I won't. I just know I'm going to miss her teaching.

The new teacher is a member of S.O.U.L. I know so little about that I couldn't even tell you want it stands for (I'm sure you probably know) but being a Christian, I'm a little nervous about yoga as a belief system. Perhaps I am being narrow minded. I will probably try a class or two before making a decision.

As you mentioned, the Laconia Athletic and Swim Club does offer some classes, but are very expensive. I will keep searching! Something will come up I'm sure!

Thanks again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10887

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review