All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Yoga Mat & Balance Ball
      #106739 - 09/18/04 04:43 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm so excited because now next Friday when I go to class I will have my very own mat!! I've been using the ones at the gym and they are so think that it makes doing "tree pose" hard and I have to move to the floor…well, really for any balancing poses. Also, it is too short making going from SEVERAL poses into "downward facing dog" a real pain.

Oh, I talked with my Yoga Instructor who is also a Personal Trainer at my gym (24 hour fitness) about what I could be doing for my tummy and sides… well she introduced me to a BIG BLUE BALL to do crunches on!! So, since I go at peak time right after work the balls are hard to come by I got my own so I can do them before bed.

Anyway….just thought I'd share in my excitement!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yoga Mat & Balance Ball new
      #106764 - 09/18/04 09:23 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Shell, before you use your new mat wash it. Throw it in the bath tub with a little mild liquid soap or detergent, slosh it around then rinse it well and let it air dry. It will be a lot less slippery when you first use it.

Good for you using the ball for crunches. That makes them doubly hard. I have a ball but have yet to blow it up. I flunked ball work somewhere along the line so just use the floor. The very best ab workout is remembering to hold the tummy in as much as you can. (Wonder if Ginkgo would help in that department..j/k) Kandee

--------------------

Re: Yoga Mat & Balance Ball new
      #106765 - 09/18/04 09:38 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, before you use your new mat wash it. Throw it in the bath tub with a little mild liquid soap or detergent, slosh it around then rinse it well and let it air dry. It will be a lot less slippery when you first use it. LOL too late!! I already used it this afternoon with watching the DVD that showed a small sample of all the things you can do with the ball. I LOVE IT.

Good for you using the ball for crunches. That makes them doubly hard. I just showed Shane how to do the crunches on the ball... he LOVED IT... he did 3 sets of 20 in like 4 minutes....(little turd) I have a ball but have yet to blow it up. LOL... I flunked ball work somewhere along the line so just use the floor. You really should blow yours up... just laying on it feels good! The very best ab workout is remembering to hold the tummy in as much as you can. Yes, I do that.... Shane does too. (Wonder if Ginkgo would help in that department..j/k) hehehe Kandee

--------------------

You can actually sit on one of those balls at work instead of a chair... new
      #107049 - 09/20/04 02:24 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

it's supposed to be great for your abs and your lower back, because it forces you to have good posture. I was all excited about doing this myself but my office is in a big space with hardwood floors and a ball would roll around and get just filthy in no time, so I wouldn't want to sit on it. I am thinking of getting one for using in front of the computer at home, though.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: You can actually sit on one of those balls at work instead of a chair... new
      #107162 - 09/20/04 09:17 PM
Shell Marr

My office at work is too small.....

But at home is not a bad idea... I'll have to try that and see if I sit up high enough.

I got mine at Marshalls for $9.99 included a pump and DVD w/demos of LOTS of stuff to do on it. The brand is GoldenEarth.

--------------------

Here is a link about that. new
      #107702 - 09/22/04 07:46 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

web page

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Here is a link about that. new
      #107839 - 09/23/04 09:03 AM
Shell Marr

Very cool...thanks Kandee!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review