All Boards >> Yoga for IBS & Digestive Health Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Yoga newbie - help my days are too short!
      #10190 - 05/28/03 08:54 PM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I got a couple of videos out of the library and have been enjoying one (not IBS specific but pretty basic) and the book that Heather got her IBS sequence out of. My question is: do I have to do the whole sequence at the same time or could I do the first couple and then later in the day do a couple more...etc. I have two small children and once I get them to bed in the evenings I just don't have enough time to do an hour of yoga, take my personal prayer time and still find time to spend with my husband. I think it's been helping, I have been symptom free for a week now. I'm not sure if it's the yoga, the diet or the glutamine or a combination of all. I'm still not getting enough sleep but whatcha gonna do about that? Please help me. I want to do yoga but am having a hard time getting it all done. Not to mention all the hobbies I like to do and can't with little kids. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yoga newbie - help my days are too short! new
      #10297 - 05/30/03 12:47 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Corrine !

I am from the same city as you....as suggestion. I know the Lawson has Yoga classes. Maybe if your little ones have a craft class or something to do during the day you could run over there and sneak in a yoga class.

That is assuming you are a stay at home mom....if you work during the day well I know they have some evening classes, but the dates and times you would have to check with them.

Good luck!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#10298 - 05/30/03 01:14 PM
Corinne

Thanks. Yes I am a stay at home mom but my kids are 4 and 18 months. I am planning on taking some day time personal time when my youngest starts preschool. Till then I am stuck with them. Well, maybe next year (when David - 18mths) isn't so clingy I could take him and leave him in the childcare they have there. So which part of town do you live in? We're in the northwest.

--------------------

#10483 - 06/02/03 10:07 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

We are in the east end!

My sister in law used to never get away from her kids and eventually she just got run down and tired and irritable. She now goes to Curves! every second day or so and she loves it. Just the fact that you have that one hour every now and then to yourself.

And don't feel guilty about it....everyone needs time to breathe and have time to themselves. The men do it all day at work LOL

Lana

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#10488 - 06/02/03 10:45 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Look for videos that have 15 or 20 minute routines - there are quite a few of them, and they make it easy to sneak in a quick workout when you just don't have a whole hour.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#10585 - 06/03/03 07:51 AM
YogaTeacher

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: New Hampshire

Hello Corinne,

I think Heather's advice about finding a tape that offers shorter segments 15-20 minutes is a great idea. Also, once you start to become familiar with the postures you can create your own timely yoga session as well.
For example, if you wake up and your lower back is sore then maybe you will create a practice for theat day that looks like: doing some warmups followed by a few postures to ease and strengthen the lower back. The more you continue to practice yoga, the more you will be able to tune into your body's needs. Listen to your own intuitive wisdom and take it one day at a time. It is better to do a little yoga everyday (consistently) rather then not do it all or just once a week. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Peace,
K

--------------------
"You have to be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

#11040 - 06/07/03 04:01 PM
Corinne

I've heard a lot of great things about Curves but it costs and we have no spare cash. I usually get two nights a week aerobics through the community assoc. as they are much cheaper. I am managing to get about 30-40 minutes of MY time after my son goes to bed which is when I try to do some yoga. I also usually get out for a 30 minute walk everyday. My mom is very good about watching the kids for that or else I just take them. It's quite a workout pushing two kids in a 20lb stroller! Who needs weights!!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9306

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review