All Boards >> Veggie Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
summer eating
      #359811 - 07/19/10 06:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I grilled some tofu the other day. It got way too scorched and was gross. I'll have to be more careful to not have the heat so high. In the wok you can cook the crap out of tofu! On high heat for a long time! But not so much on the grill I guess- way dry!

I read in a book yesterday that snow peas have almost 3 times more protein than walnuts! Surprise for me. I am growing edamame and it is doing very well. If you don't like to weed, growing soybeans, green beans, squashes and melons is doable in some weeds, also peppers, tomatoes, eggplant and potatoes can handle some weeds just fine. Carrots, onions, leeks and garlic do not put up with weeds. Just an FYI.

The end of the summer I will have sweet potatoes and Tennessee sweet potato squash to compare. Some people say sweet potato squash is nasty and others love it. I also have fennel bulb doing really well this year.

I am getting sick of hot dog parties were I have to eat those dry fake brats! Bluck. At home with my perfect fixings they aren't so bad but at someone's house with a bun and ketchup, they are dry and gross.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've been making edamame dip... new
      #359839 - 07/20/10 05:49 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I steam or boil the beans till tender, then whirl in a food processor until very creamy with a tiny bit of fresh garlic, dash of fresh lemon juice, and salt. I don't measure anything, just do it to taste.

OMG - on crackers or toast (or probably even cardboard) this is the best dip I've ever had.

It doesn't keep more than a day or two in the fridge, though. It's also the most beautiful pale green color - really pretty in a bowl for guests.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

This sounds delicious Heather new
      #359867 - 07/21/10 09:03 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

and a perfect summer dip. Thank you for sharing!

--------------------
Janey

Re: summer eating new
      #359868 - 07/21/10 09:06 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Great to know about snow peas.

Not only hot dogs, but all the salads with tons of mayo, etc. I find when I go to those gatherings there isn't a whole lot that I can eat.

--------------------
Janey

Re: summer eating new
      #359922 - 07/23/10 02:01 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I don't buy or eat any of that fake meat. But, I love summer eating. There is sooooo much to enjoy! The produce is so darn good this time of year.

Tomatoes and Fructose Intoleance new
      #360122 - 08/05/10 10:03 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

My nephew came to visit me from New Jersey and brought me some extra delicious Jersey tomatoes. Are tomatoes high in excess fructose? I could not find out on the internet.

Cheers.

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13601

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review