All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Please help Heather asap
      #9805 - 05/23/03 01:21 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Hello
I have your book eating for ibs and there is a list of foods to eat when you can't eat anything. Should I just stick to those foods since my IBS is really really bad everyday? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please help Heather asap new
      #9810 - 05/23/03 02:07 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Angel - Those foods should help you stabilize and get back on track, but honestly your symptoms have been so severe and unrelenting for so long that I'm really worried about you. I know you haven't had any help from your doctors so I hate to just tell you to try and get some advice or a better diagnosis down that avenue.

One thing that may really, really help you is the IBS hypnotherapy tapes. I know they're a bit expensive, but they have worked absolute miracles for many people when nothing else seemed to make a difference. There is a ton of information about them on the hypnotherapy board and you can ask questions there if you have concerns.

I would keep up the soluble fiber supplement at your 2T twice daily dosage, with lots of water.

If you can, try adding in things like small amounts of pureed veggie soups, or blended fresh fruit smoothies. That's the safest way to incorporate the insoluble fiber of fresh produce which will help your constipation - the blending will really reduce the risk of attacks from the insoluble fiber.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#9825 - 05/23/03 05:18 PM
till

Thanks. I'll try my best to get the tapes. I'm not sure if I can though. I don't know if the tapes would work. It's kind of hard to believe that listening to tapes would actually work. I will try to find a good doctor too. Also if I do get them, and they don't work I would be wasting a lot of money. I found two recipes that would be great to have but I'm not sure how to make them safe. Can you tell me please how I can make them safe?
Banana Muffins
3 bananas mashed
1 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
3/4 tsp baking soda
Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet. Add to dry and mix. Bake 320F, 20min in muffin tin sprayed with pam.

Blueberry Muffins
1 c. blueberries
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. soy beverage
4 egg whites
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
Mix dry ingredients. Mix eggs, soy. Add to dry and mix. Add berries and stir. Bake 18min., 400F in muffin tin sprayed with pam.

#9828 - 05/23/03 05:44 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Angel, both recipes are safe as they are.

#9830 - 05/23/03 05:58 PM
Karin

Loc: Southern California

Wow, these look great, thanks for posting them!

#9835 - 05/23/03 07:06 PM
till

I forgot to mention that the banana recipe has 1/3 c. sugar and the bluberry has 1/2 c. sugar.

#9836 - 05/23/03 07:08 PM
till

Oh okay. Thanks for the help.

#9837 - 05/23/03 07:17 PM
Georgette

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Kamloops B.C.

Hi Angel
These look great does the Banana Muffins have any soy milk or any other liquid ingredient in them. Sorry that you're still so sick. I'm still having bad days hoping that once I see the Nutrionist on Tuesday that it will help.
God Bless Georgette

#9838 - 05/23/03 07:18 PM
Georgette

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Kamloops B.C.

Hi Angel
These look great do the Banana Muffins have any soy milk or any other liquid ingredient in them. Sorry that you're still so sick. I'm still having bad days hoping that once I see the Nutrionist on Tuesday that it will help.
God Bless Georgette

#9842 - 05/23/03 08:19 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Angel,
As the others have said the recipes are fine as they are.

If you're interested in the hypno tapes maybe you could check out some of the info on them on the hypnotherapy board. There's quite a few people there who can answer your questions and shawneric has a wealth of information both on the tapes and hypnotherapy in general.

Looking for another Doctor sounds like a good idea too.

keep as strong as you can and don't give up.

Do you have any family, friends, anyone who can support you?

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15879

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review