All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Please help Heather asap
      #9805 - 05/23/03 01:21 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Hello
I have your book eating for ibs and there is a list of foods to eat when you can't eat anything. Should I just stick to those foods since my IBS is really really bad everyday? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please help Heather asap new
      #9810 - 05/23/03 02:07 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Angel - Those foods should help you stabilize and get back on track, but honestly your symptoms have been so severe and unrelenting for so long that I'm really worried about you. I know you haven't had any help from your doctors so I hate to just tell you to try and get some advice or a better diagnosis down that avenue.

One thing that may really, really help you is the IBS hypnotherapy tapes. I know they're a bit expensive, but they have worked absolute miracles for many people when nothing else seemed to make a difference. There is a ton of information about them on the hypnotherapy board and you can ask questions there if you have concerns.

I would keep up the soluble fiber supplement at your 2T twice daily dosage, with lots of water.

If you can, try adding in things like small amounts of pureed veggie soups, or blended fresh fruit smoothies. That's the safest way to incorporate the insoluble fiber of fresh produce which will help your constipation - the blending will really reduce the risk of attacks from the insoluble fiber.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#9825 - 05/23/03 05:18 PM
till

Thanks. I'll try my best to get the tapes. I'm not sure if I can though. I don't know if the tapes would work. It's kind of hard to believe that listening to tapes would actually work. I will try to find a good doctor too. Also if I do get them, and they don't work I would be wasting a lot of money. I found two recipes that would be great to have but I'm not sure how to make them safe. Can you tell me please how I can make them safe?
Banana Muffins
3 bananas mashed
1 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
3/4 tsp baking soda
Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet. Add to dry and mix. Bake 320F, 20min in muffin tin sprayed with pam.

Blueberry Muffins
1 c. blueberries
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. soy beverage
4 egg whites
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
Mix dry ingredients. Mix eggs, soy. Add to dry and mix. Add berries and stir. Bake 18min., 400F in muffin tin sprayed with pam.

#9828 - 05/23/03 05:44 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Angel, both recipes are safe as they are.

#9830 - 05/23/03 05:58 PM
Karin

Loc: Southern California

Wow, these look great, thanks for posting them!

#9835 - 05/23/03 07:06 PM
till

I forgot to mention that the banana recipe has 1/3 c. sugar and the bluberry has 1/2 c. sugar.

#9836 - 05/23/03 07:08 PM
till

Oh okay. Thanks for the help.

#9837 - 05/23/03 07:17 PM
Georgette

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Kamloops B.C.

Hi Angel
These look great does the Banana Muffins have any soy milk or any other liquid ingredient in them. Sorry that you're still so sick. I'm still having bad days hoping that once I see the Nutrionist on Tuesday that it will help.
God Bless Georgette

#9838 - 05/23/03 07:18 PM
Georgette

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Kamloops B.C.

Hi Angel
These look great do the Banana Muffins have any soy milk or any other liquid ingredient in them. Sorry that you're still so sick. I'm still having bad days hoping that once I see the Nutrionist on Tuesday that it will help.
God Bless Georgette

#9842 - 05/23/03 08:19 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Angel,
As the others have said the recipes are fine as they are.

If you're interested in the hypno tapes maybe you could check out some of the info on them on the hypnotherapy board. There's quite a few people there who can answer your questions and shawneric has a wealth of information both on the tapes and hypnotherapy in general.

Looking for another Doctor sounds like a good idea too.

keep as strong as you can and don't give up.

Do you have any family, friends, anyone who can support you?

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#9873 - 05/24/03 05:09 PM
till

The banana muffins have no soy in it. I'm sorry your still having bad days. Everyday is misery for me.
God Bless

#9874 - 05/24/03 05:16 PM
till

I have a couple of friends from high school but we don't really keep in touch since their busy with their own lives. I had more friends at school but they turned out to be back stabbers. It's not that easy for me to make friends since I can't work since I'm so sick plus I have a social anxiety disorder which is torture. As for family they are emotionally abusive and when I was younger my mom used to hit me. There are a lot of drunks in my family too. So I guess it's just me and my cat. Nice life huh?

#9879 - 05/24/03 06:52 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

to the one with the anxiety social disorder. Have you sought help for your disorder and/or got any medication for it. I am so sorry your life is so miserable.

#10085 - 05/27/03 05:49 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

Angel - I wonder if the stress of feeling like you need to "go it alone" along with bad childhood experiences is contributing to your severe IBS. Have you looked into counseling agencies that work on a sliding scale? Having someone to talk to - possibly even a group for adults recovering from chaotic childhoods - could be very helpful. There is help in the community in most places. It seems it would be worth a try. I hope you find relief from the IBS soon. Remember that even small amounts of the big offenders (caffeine, dairy, and fat) can be too much.
Andie

#10161 - 05/28/03 05:28 PM
till

Im not going to have any counseling. It's not something that I really want to do but thanks for the suggestion. Actually I'm pretty sure I have IBS because I had anorexia and a binge eating disorder. Those disorders really strained my digestive tract. Also months and months ago when I found out I had IBS I found info about IBS at a health food store ( not all the info was not right sadly it said things like when you have a severe attack just drink fruit and vegetable juices that are not acidic but I didn't know at the time) and I read that taking Valerian capsules will really help. So I got the capsules and I also got a herb in capsule form called Cat's Claw. I read that a woman got her IBS under control from taking it everyday. So I thought at the time it was okay to take herbs in capsule form. I didn't know at the time how dangerous it is. I have no idea what I was thinking. I took the capsules and I felt like I was dying I got so many horrible symtoms that caused so much trauma to my digestive tract such as severe cramps, pains, bloating, the runs, etc. I was doubled over in pain. I thought I was going to have to be rushed to the ER but I didn't have to. I had to take Imodium and it worked thankfully but it made me severely constipated. It was so horrible.
God Bless.

Re: Please help Heather asap RE ANGEL new
      #10213 - 05/29/03 09:57 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Angel,
Hope you are feeling better!!
Counseling isn't such a bad thing when you are alone and having to deal with a lot of baggage and illness by yourself.
Are you involved in a Church at all? Are there any support groups you can join that are free? You really need some help.
I too come from a very traumatic childhood and no one in my family has anything to do with except my sister and brother. I'm so thankful I have great inlaws, friends and my church. Without that it would be so hard to cope.
It is sad to read you write it's just you and your cat. Since money is an issue for you there are ways of getting free health care to cover your medical expenses and counseling expenses. I live in WI and we depend on medical assistance becaue my husband's been unemployed for over a year. The way it is set up we don't even pay co-pays and my medicatin is covered 100%.
Once you feel you will a much happier person.
Hope this helps.
Barbara

#10217 - 05/29/03 11:00 AM
mrsdemos

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Atlanta

I was under the impression that this was the Recipe Exchange?

You're right, it is new
      #10220 - 05/29/03 12:01 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

In general people are really great about keeping posts on topic to the boards, so I don't automatically move a thread to a different forum if it is off-topic. If things get out of hand, though, I will definitely do that.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#10238 - 05/29/03 02:32 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

IBS is such a journey of hard lessons, isn't it? As if life itself isn't enough of one! If counseling isn't for you, perhaps the self-help book section of the library would be worth checking out or joining groups for social reasons might be fun. I am glad you found this board! Its great for people of all types from the most reclusive to the most outgoing. Best to you,
Andie

Re: You're right, it is new
      #10267 - 05/29/03 08:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Heather,

I want to thank you for making and keeping these boards user-friendly, and a SAFE, COMFORTABLE home! You mediate and moderate these boards with your intelligence, patience, and grace--and I thank you for that! It's not easy keeping all of the people happy all of the time--but I think you do, and you do it well! Thanks for the GREAT work!!!!

((((((hugs))))))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#10308 - 05/30/03 05:27 PM
till

I'm glad I found this board too. Self help books won't help or social groups since a social anxiety disorder is for life just like IBS. No cure sadly. Thank you for the suggestions though. Life can be so cruel.
Best to you too.
God Bless

#10309 - 05/30/03 05:35 PM
till

I'm feeling a little better since Cirucel has been helping me for days now. I haven't had C for days which is really good. But I still have all the other horrible symtoms that will not get under control yet. Counseling isn't really my thing. I can't even leave my condo I'm so sick. I don't go to church. No one in my family does since they are not Christian. It's good to know that you have good people in your life.
God Bless

#10336 - 05/31/03 11:10 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope I didn't offend you. I don't like to see people suffer, especially when it's emotional. If you want to personally e-mail just check my profile.
I wish you the best of luck.

#10346 - 05/31/03 05:39 PM
till

Actually I'm not feeling a little better anymore since the C is back sadly. You didn't offend me at all. Your a very kind person. There are very few in this world. I can't stand to see people suffer either. I can't stand to see animals suffer too. It breaks my heart. You can e-mail me too if you like .It's natp@mts.net
I wish you lots of luck too.
God Bless

#10347 - 05/31/03 05:43 PM
till

Yes it is.

I forgot new
      #10976 - 06/06/03 05:34 PM
till

I know alot of posts I made weren't recipe related and I'm sorry. I forgot the messages were suppose to be in the other messageboard. Sorry about that.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 412 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15873

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review