All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: restaurant ideas new
      #5902 - 04/12/03 04:37 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - See if you can get the fish grilled instead of fried. Even if you take the batter/skin off, there's likely to be a lot of grease left on the fish. If you don't have any options here, take a few soluble fiber pills (Fibercon, Equalactin, Citrucel) as soon as you get to the restaurant, with a glass of water. And the rice is an excellent idea.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#5920 - 04/12/03 05:58 PM
Georgette

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Kamloops B.C.

Thanks Heather for the reply I'll give that a try and see if they will do that.
Georgette

#6256 - 04/16/03 01:38 PM
canyontinsley

Reged: 04/12/03
Loc: Canyon, TX

When you order the cheese-less pizza, what do you say? Do you just say, "Uh yes, I'd like the veggie pizza please, hold the cheese and could you put that on a french or sourdough bread?" I thought that was the only type of bread we could eat. Is this wrong? I would be so pleased if it is. I apologize for my ignorance-I'm new to all of this.
canyontinsley

#6263 - 04/16/03 01:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Yeah, I say exactly that! The funny thing, I used to get all sorts of weird looks when I ordered pizza without cheese, but it's been quite a few years now since that happened. People don't even blink anymore - I think I'm not the only customer doing this.

And pizza crust should be just fine - it's made with white flour, just like French bread is.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#6293 - 04/16/03 06:19 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

CT - I think any bread is okay, as long as it isn't made from whole wheat (it's really wheat flour with the outer shell removed). Most breads are made with regular white flour anyway. The sourdough is made with sourdough starter. Rye bread is made with white flour and some rye flour, which I wouldn't think would be a problem for IBSers. Just don't eat whole wheat or whole grain breads. If you can see the seeds in the bread or the particles of the bran, don't eat it.

Does that clear things up for you?

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: A Place of Our Own new
      #6298 - 04/16/03 06:37 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

We need our own place! Eating for IBS—the restaurant! Wouldn't that be great if we could look at a menu and it would tell EVERYTHING that's in a dish—with your choice of having your common trigger not included in the dish. EXACTLY how it's cooked! Your choice of soluble fiber supplements that comes with all meals. Lots of French and other safe breads. No coffee. Lots of herbal teas. No dairy, no red meat. Heating pads that come out of the wall in each booth/table—or at least brought to you by request from your server! Many, many washrooms. The kind that's like a bunch of little private bathrooms in one room.

OK...I guess I'm getting a little carried away...but wouldn't it be nice?

#6304 - 04/16/03 06:58 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Mags - I just love your sense of humor!!!LOL

That would be a great idea. Do you have money for backing??? I don't either, but it still sounds good. Where do you come up with these ideas? Must be that New Jersey creativity, huh?

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#6309 - 04/17/03 02:17 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

That would be SO nice mags!Better yet, a McDonalds.... for IBS ers! It could be called IBSers. LOL! I'd go there everyday! (but of corse, it would expensive, butid better pay a bundle on good food, then a buck for a greasy cheeseburger!)

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6310 - 04/17/03 03:22 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Sharon & Angela: I don't know where it comes from! Maybe it is a NJ thing.

I say Sharon runs the CA one and Angela & I will work on the one in NJ. Oh, and of course we'd have plenty of rice in many varieties for Angela, and lots of chocolate for Sharon!

And forget the greasy burgers: half the time non-IBSer restaurants don't offer what we want, so why have it for them!

PS: Did I mention they'd have some good TP--not that darn see-through stuff. hehe

Re: restaurant ideas-thanks for the bread advice-nt new
      #6321 - 04/17/03 07:35 AM
canyontinsley

Reged: 04/12/03
Loc: Canyon, TX

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 296 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20843

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review