All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Citrucel - not very good
      #8815 - 05/11/03 05:08 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I've been taking it for several days. It makes me constipated. What am I suppose to do?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Citrucel - not very good new
      #8816 - 05/11/03 05:22 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

How much are you taking? 1 T 2x a day? Is this how much you started out taking? If so, maybe you should lower the dose & work your way up so it's easier for you body to adjust? Are you drinking enought water? What type of IBS were you originally, C or D or A?

Sorry to slam you with questions....just trying to brainstorm and figure out what's going on.

#8817 - 05/11/03 05:32 PM
till

I don't mind the questions. I need help. I am taking 1T once a day. I drink lots of water. I have C. I got D before but rarely.

#8818 - 05/11/03 07:02 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Maybe try taking 1/2 T 2x a day. You'll still be getting the 1 T a day, just not all at once. What do you think?

What about exercise? And I know from previous posts you said you can't--I'm not talking about a full blown workout. I mean, can you go for a short stroll? Maybe just up the street and back or around the block? Walking is the mildest "exercise" I can think of. Can you think of anything else really easy you can do? I'm pretty sure your moving around will help the C get moving also.

Well, there's your second round of slamming. I really do want to help & to see you feeling better. Don't give up!!

#8822 - 05/11/03 10:09 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Angel - it can take a much higher dose of Citrucel (like 2 T twice daily) and several weeks for constipation to resolve. It's not a laxative - it may take time and patience for it to work. Sorry - I know you're in a lot of pain and don't want to wait.

Mags is right, though - don't jump up to a higher dose, just try to split your current dose so you're taking it twice daily. And it may take a good three weeks or so to work up to the full dose. And you do need a LOT of water throughout the day, and some kind of gentle activity, for the soluble fiber to work well.

Citrucel will not constipate you, though. It will help, it can just take a while.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#8882 - 05/12/03 05:16 PM
till

Today I started taking 1 tsp. but maybe I should take 1 1/2 Tbsp. twice daily. I'm not sure though what to do. When I take Citrucel I get constipated for more days then when I don't take it. It's brutal. I get horrible symtoms. I can't take a stroll outside. I'm too sick. I do some exercise inside though.

#8887 - 05/12/03 05:35 PM
till

Hi
Okay I'll start taking 11/2 tsp. twice daily. But I don't know how long to take it for. Thanks.

#8888 - 05/12/03 05:39 PM
till

I thought about it and I will start taking Citrucel 1/2 T twice daily. I don't know how long to take it for. Do you have a suggestion? Thanks.

#8890 - 05/12/03 06:07 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Stay at the dose for a week and see how you do. If things are the same, increase the dose to 1T twice daily.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#9004 - 05/13/03 05:08 PM
till

Hello
Okay I will. Thanks for the help Heather.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 461 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4563

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review