All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thai Peanut Satay Sauce
      #8694 - 05/09/03 06:03 AM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Does anyone have a recipe I can use with Thai Peanut Satay Sauce? I have a bottle in my fridge and I have no idea how to use it. Is it safe to use? The ingredients are: peanuts, coconut, water, unrefined cane sugar, soybean oil, lemon grass, garlic, chili, onion, salt, parsley, fennel, pepper, cardamon, clove, cinnamon, galangal, citric acid, lime, sesame seeds, xanthan gum (a natural emulsifier).

Thanks!

--------------------
Lorna

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thai Peanut Satay Sauce new
      #8703 - 05/09/03 06:38 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Have you tried marinating chicken in it? Cut the chicken into small strips, marinate and string onto wooden skewers. Grill or broil basting with more of the sauce. Yummy.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#8714 - 05/09/03 11:01 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

HanSolo has a good suggestion. The sauce is likely too high fat (from the peanuts and coconut) to use as a dipping sauce. Think of it as comparable to using mayonnaise or olive oil or something. So a marinade would give you the flavor without nearly as much of the fat. I'd also serve the chicken with rice to extra safe.

You could also marinate large shrimp (especially for barbecue grilling) instead of the chicken. Then serve them over cooked rice noodles with some shredded fresh basil, cilantro, and mint. That would make a nice Thai salad!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#8716 - 05/09/03 11:08 AM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Han Solo and Heather,

Thanks for the suggestions. I won't let this yummy sauce won't go to waste in my fridge

--------------------
Lorna

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1887

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review