All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Quick Cooking Oats?
      #8631 - 05/08/03 12:39 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I was wondering if we had to use quick cooking oats for that muffin recipe Heather sent out (courtesy of Sharon), or if we could use the regular ("old fashioned") kind (which I currently have in my kitchen)... so I looked on the Quaker website and found the following

Quote:

What oat is best for baking, quick or old fashioned? These oats can be used interchangeably in most recipes -- it just depends upon the results you are looking for. If you want something that looks very whole grain and is very chewy, you'll want to use old fashioned. On the other hand, quick oats are cut smaller and are less noticeable in the recipe.

So it looks like I can go ahead and make them? Anyone use regular instead of quick cooking before? Recommended?

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Quick Cooking Oats? new
      #8652 - 05/08/03 02:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I never have quick cooking oats on hand, so everything I make is with regular oats. Things always turn out just great.

I should have just said "oats" for the recipe. Shows you how oblivious I am to the distinction at this point. It never even occurred to me that I was using a different kind of oatmeal.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Thanks!! I'll be sure to try them now :) new
      #8658 - 05/08/03 03:27 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 538 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1377

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review