All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I HATE TO COOK!!!!!
      #86 - 01/29/03 11:53 AM
Meadoes

Reged: 01/27/03

First, I have no idea what HTML and UBB code is. So I chose both.
Since I do NOT COOK, I do sometimes blend. Here is a recipe that I use that had both soluble and insoluble fiber:
Mori Nu Tofu
2 Bananas
Wheat Germ
Whole Oats
Pkg of frozen berries
Soy Milk
I sometimes use Mori Nu's chocolate or lemon pudding to flavor the mix. I make a whole container and use it for the whole day. YUM!!
Barbara

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

We love you anyway, Barbara! new
      #97 - 01/29/03 01:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Blending is an honorable substitute for cooking. It's better than just opening a can or a box! And your smoothie sounds wonderful - I make versions of those all the time. My secret is frozen peaches - they make everything so nice and creamy.

Haven't tried the flavored tofu - where do you find that? I've seen almond flavored and mango flavored at Asian markets, but not chocolate. That has my name on it...

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Chocolate Tofu for Heather new
      #151 - 01/30/03 10:14 AM
Meadoes

Reged: 01/27/03

It is called Mori-Nu Mates. It is 100% vegan to blend with the tofu. It comes in Lemon, which really gives the fruit blends a nice kick, CHOCOLATE, Vanilla and I think Butterscotch. But I am not sure of the last one. They have a website www.morinu.com.
Heather, this Chocolate was made for you.

Thank You! -nt- new
      #160 - 01/30/03 11:46 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I HATE TO COOK!!!!! new
      #177 - 01/30/03 02:29 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Barbara - I just wanted to tell you that I got a good laugh when you said you sometimes "blend". I'll try to think of some easy "blending" recipes I have. Good luck!

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

flavored tofu new
      #1423 - 02/25/03 01:01 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

At the "little" Wild Oats here in Nashville I found dessert tofu. It's made by Pete's Tofu and comes in Very Berry and Peach Mango flavors. Each package contains two single-serving tubs for $1.79 total. I've tried the berry flavor (the peach-mango is in my fridge). It's...odd...like watery silken tofu in texture, with a muted, not very sweet flavor. But the ingredients are safe, and it's interesting, anyway.

peanut butter-peach smoothies new
      #1467 - 02/26/03 01:17 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Forgive me if I already posted this recipe, but I don't think I did. It's another good smoothie recipe...I'm trying to keep warm in this nasty drizzle by thinking about summery foods . Anyway, Heather's comment about frozen peaches made me think of it.

Peanut Butter Peach Smoothies

1 cup plain soy milk
1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
1/2 cup crushed ice
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter

In a blender, combine all ingredients and process until smooth. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
--http://members.aol.com/stephndon/rec558.htm

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 64987

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review