All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pad Thai and hot sauce
      #85313 - 07/01/04 10:33 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Question for all cooks- I recently bought pad thai rice noodles and there was a reipe to make pad thai on the back.
One of the ingredients is hot sauce. That is all it says, is hot sauce. What kind of sauce does that mean? I know it doesn't mean Tabasco, and that is the only kind I know of. Or is that what it means?(not big into hot sauces, I had been eating pretty bland til I found this site and realized I didn't have to)
If anyone can enlighten me, please do!
Thanks,
Sheri

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pad Thai and hot sauce new
      #85315 - 07/01/04 10:37 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Could it be chili sauce? Chili Sauce

#85397 - 07/01/04 01:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

The thing is that any hot sauce would probably do. My recipes for pad thai call for ketchup - no kidding! Anyway thai chili sauces would be fine but there are so many different kinds. If you have regular hot sauce (we use Frank's) you could use it. With the small amount you would use I doubt there would be a noticeable difference.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I use ketchup too! new
      #85454 - 07/01/04 04:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

The only heat in my pad thai is the ground red thai pepper (it's dried peppers) that I sprinkle on at the end, and you could just use cayenne for that.

You could also use Sriracha, a Thai liquid hot sauce. Regular grocery stores are starting to carry that.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#85551 - 07/01/04 10:09 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

The Phad Thai that I make is from a brand called Thai Kitchen. It's really good and the sauce is included in the package, you have to add chicken, tofu and whatever else you want.

I also like to add a spoonful or two of peanut butter and it makes it taste way better (in my opinion)

Sriracha-is what they are talking about. It's wonderful...use sparingly! new
      #85644 - 07/02/04 08:44 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Thanks! new
      #85684 - 07/02/04 09:40 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

This may be my adventure for the weekend!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1667

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review