All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather---Serving size question
      #78722 - 06/13/04 06:47 PM
Scully30

Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: Overland Park, KS

What is considered a "serving" of say, your Italian pasta salad?? It says it serves three, but it made a LOT! I used the 8 oz. dry angel hair pasta per the recipe.

Thanks for your help! This also will help me keep calories in check.

Jen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather---Serving size question new
      #78724 - 06/13/04 06:55 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Are you talking about the Italian Tuna, Lemon, and Basil Pasta Salad on page 138 of EFIBS?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Yep--the one and the same! :)-nt- new
      #78806 - 06/13/04 09:22 PM
Scully30

Bump for Heather!! :) -nt- new
      #78964 - 06/14/04 12:26 PM
Scully30

#79049 - 06/14/04 04:45 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I didn't use any hard and fast rules for serving sizes in the book, and I actually tried to be very generous with the amount of a serving size. It really annoys me when a recipes says that it makes 4 servings, but then when I make it lasts for just one meal for me and my husband. So, if you're watching your calories, feel free to use smaller serving sizes. The calorie count for each recipe will be based on the serving size I give - so if your serving size is smaller (and you get, say 6 pasta servings instead of 4) your calorie count will be lower too.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#80467 - 06/17/04 12:45 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Heather,

Would you recommend some smoothie recipes that are IBS safe? I have had the few that are in your book quite often, but I need a change. I am allergic to chocolate, so that rules out quite a few apparently. What would be a good substitute for chocolate (IBS safe of course)? I have lost down to the last 12 pounds and of course they are all around my tummy. I do aerobics 5 days per week and upper and lower body 2 days per week. I am on the IBS diet, but this tummy fat is putting up a good fight not to leave my body. I found that the smoothies fill me up and I do not have any cravings. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. I placed this on the message boards, and receive quite a few responses but they all seem to have cocoa or chocolate in them.

Thanks,

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

You can use carob powder instead of cocoa... new
      #80471 - 06/17/04 12:55 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

that's really good in banana smoothies. Or, honestly, just throw in any combination of fresh/frozen fruit that appeals to you. I like cherries, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, apricots, and pineapple, in any combo. As long as I blend the daylights out of it so all the little seeds are pulverized, it's nice and safe. You can add honey for extra sweetness, and soy/rice protein powder if you like. I don't even use recipes for smoothies - just chuck in whatever fruit combo sounds good, add enough soy milk so it will blend, whirl, and it's good to go.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: You can use carob powder instead of cocoa... new
      #80737 - 06/18/04 08:52 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Thanks Heather. I will start doing that today!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 378 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2017

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review