All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
yves, Altoids, etc.
      #7728 - 04/28/03 05:15 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Hi Heather
Can I eat yves veggie cuisine food products? I know I can't have the soy slices since they contain milk protein. I decided to chew 2 Altoids after each tiny meal I eat. I eat 6 meals a day. Can I chew 2 Altoids before meals too? Why is Citrucel so clumpy? All of the powder doesn't dissolve. Can I make rice krispie treats with pam instead of canola oil because canola is so high in fat I don't cook with it. If so, do marshmellows contain dark or light corn syrup? I read on the messageboard that dark corn syrup has less fructose than light.
Thank You
Have a good day.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: yves, Altoids, etc. new
      #7734 - 04/28/03 05:32 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Yves should be good, but make sure the fat content is under 20-25% of total calories. You could have the Altoids whenever - if you have too much peppermint you'll know it because you'll get heartburn. If you don't have any problems then just have as much mint as you like.

Stir the Citrucel very vigorously - that'll help prevent the clumps. Make sure you're adding enough water, too.

I'm not sure if you could make krispy treats without any oil at all - I've never tried that. You could use just a tablespoon or so of the canola oil. You're getting soluble fiber from the rice cereal so that little bit of oil for the whole recipe should be okay. You do need to incorporate healthy fats into your diet, even in tiny amounts.

You'll have to read the marshmallow ingredients. If they have high fructose corn syrup and you're sensitive to fructose, then it's best to avoid them.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: speaking of rice krispie treats...Heather! new
      #7798 - 04/29/03 07:59 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Heather - someone the other day mentioned rice krispie treats (your recipe) but I've done searches and I can't get it to show up and I can't find it in either of your books. Help me, plz!

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: speaking of rice krispie treats...Heather! new
      #7811 - 04/29/03 09:24 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Page 22 of Eating fo IBS. It is under fast easy foods. It says to use 2 TB. of canola oil, extra cereal, and don't grease the 9x13 pan.

#7866 - 04/29/03 05:11 PM
till

Thanks. I won't make any rice krispies treats. I can't use canola since it's high in fat. This IBS diet is making me fatter and fatter sadly. I eat really small portions but I can't stop gaining. I sure hope I don't get obese.
God Bless

#7868 - 04/29/03 05:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Angel - I know you've had really bad luck with doctors, but if it's possible to see a new one I would really urge this. You should not be gaining weight like this, and you might well have some type of endocrine or other hormonal disorder. Also, you do need to have healthy fats in your diet, even if in small amounts. This is important for your overall health.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#7873 - 04/29/03 05:30 PM
till

I'm gaining weight from the high carb diet. If IBS was low carb then it would be easier to stay thin. I'll try to find another doctor. It's hard here in the city. I'm too sick to see one also. I do have IBS. I've had the tests. I have the IBS symtoms and Dicetel, altoids, etc. are helping but my IBS is not under control yet. As soon as I took Dicetel which is only for IBS, it helped but I wish it was stronger. I've had many traumatic stomache problems so maybe that's why I have IBS.

I agree w/ Heather...see another doc. I lost 8 lbs since starting the diet mid-Jan.--nt-- new
      #7879 - 04/29/03 05:43 PM
Sue48

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: The Sunflower State: Kansas

--------------------
Sue

Re: I agree w/ Heather...see another doc. I lost 8 lbs since starting the diet mid-Jan.--nt-- new
      #7881 - 04/29/03 05:47 PM
till

Like I said I'm too sick. I can hardly type right now. I can't even go to the shopping mall I'm so sick. It's not under control. I can hardly work out since my IBS is severe. It's really bad. I've had a lot or trauma in my life. I can't help it that I'm so sick.

Re: I agree w/ Heather...see another doc. I lost 8 lbs since starting the diet mid-Jan.--nt-- new
      #8104 - 05/01/03 05:09 PM
Sue48

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: The Sunflower State: Kansas

Angel,
My heart aches when I read your post. And there is not anything that I can do, but offer encouragement and hope. Do you have anyone near you who could help you?
Take you to the doctor? To a clinic or the hospital?
IBS is devastating, but perhaps there is something more wrong w/ you...and having a lot of trauma certainly doesn't help...None of us is blaming you for your illness, I am sorry for your pain...
We want to help.

--------------------
Sue

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7911

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review