All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
antidepresant brownies... don't get upset...
      #76973 - 06/07/04 04:55 PM

Unregistered

Now I know you are not supposed to mess with a good thing but when I make brownies I like to add a cup of small marshmellows to my mix. I check on it in 10-15 after it has started to bake and then I spread them around with a spatual or not. They are expanding a bit by this point.
Anyways what this does is makes them more like bad for us brownies almost chewy and tate even more sinful.

So I guess i'm gonna be bad and continue to be a rebel.
Should I hide out in shame from you guys for awhile?!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

oh YUM new
      #77008 - 06/07/04 06:31 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That sounds really good. (Of course, I'm PMS'ing hardcore and EVERYTHING chocolate sounds good right about now, but I digress.) I'm going to remember that, when I finally get around to some baking!

I didn't tell you but.. new
      #77031 - 06/07/04 08:58 PM

Unregistered

I have also in the past been known to add some Smuckers butterscotch ice cream syrup in with the batter along with the marshmellows.

They where so good that my mom's co-workers used to pay me to make them for them. I used to want to be a chief and somethings I used to make where beyond belief! Oops I fell down from patting myself so hard on the back.

Re: hey... new
      #77032 - 06/07/04 09:04 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

its not too late to become a chef is it???? hehe

What I like new
      #77073 - 06/08/04 06:31 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

powdered sugar, softened soy garden margarine, and a bit of natural peanut butter make a great icing. especially if you swirt dairy-free mini-choc. chips (the W.F. brand is cheap and dairy-free) into the batter before baking. Reeses Brownies, I guess. Or, make an icing out cocoa powder, margarine, and powdered sugar... not forgetting to add those c.c.'s, of COURSE. ;o)

Hehe. This morning I was being healthy and had a glass of vanilla soymilk and a luna bar for breakfast. Then that dark chocolate started calling my name. Darn it--all my good intentions out the window... guess I shouldn't have brought TWENTY bars home from Madrid! hehe.

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

don't want to be a chief anymore new
      #77193 - 06/08/04 12:13 PM

Unregistered

I work with animals instead and I love my job except when I get bit or an animal is really hurting. So yes it's to late to be a chief cause another job stole my heart.

Shana please don't tempt me -nt- new
      #77194 - 06/08/04 12:14 PM

Unregistered

Shanna, how was Spain? I'm so glad to see you back!!! -nt- new
      #77233 - 06/08/04 02:35 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: antidepresant brownies... don't get upset... new
      #77275 - 06/08/04 04:46 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I'll have to join you as a rebel. I've put chopped nuts in before and I was thinking about adding marshmellows and non-dairy chocolate chips next time. Doesn't rocky road brownies sound good? Now you all have me hungry and I have been wanting butterscotch or carmel. I'm hoping I can get some soy delicious ice cream tormorrow with carmel in it. yum. Well, I lost a couple of pounds since last week so maybe I will make these tonight. The baby needs it right?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 602 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4747

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review