All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
It's true...........OAT MILK will thicken where none of the others will...
      #73012 - 05/24/04 05:12 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I just made some tapioca pudding, the standard way but with OAT MILK not rice, or soy or almond, and it thickened right up as it would if it were regular milk. (But, Oat milk is not pure white so the pudding had more of an oatmeal color.) Sooo, the Whole Foods cookbook was right...........when you want a milk sub to thicken.....use OAT!!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yay for oats! new
      #73092 - 05/24/04 08:36 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ooh, what an exciting discovery! Pudding made with tofu is delicious (although I know you can't have it anyway ) but it will be really nice to be able to make them the old-fashioned way too. Who cares about the color! Thanks for sharing, Kandee.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Yay for oats! new
      #73105 - 05/25/04 12:03 AM
Kandee

Hmm, I forgot about you tofuey folks...........soy milk and all that. But, as you know, some of us can't do soy, so have to resort to the other alternatives.
Now if you make that a CHOCOLATE (YAY, CHOCOLATE) tapioca pudding, you won't notice the color change. I'm thinking chocolate cream pie here too, with oat milk..............yummmm. Or carob cream pie.............yuckie poo!!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Yay for oats! (Double Yay for the Tapioca Pudding!! Ah, Comfort Food) new
      #73116 - 05/25/04 03:21 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Ok Kandee,
It's only 6:11 AM here but now my mouth is watering for some of that tapioca pudding. Have the oat milk in the house so just need to get the tapioca. Love, love, love it! One of the best comfort foods!!

I don't care about the calories it has right now either as us girls with the hypothyroidism don't get too many choices for goodies! Now that smiley face down there is supposed to be ME licking my lips! lol

Thanks,
Pat

This is wonderful to know!! Thank you Kandee!! -nt- new
      #73230 - 05/25/04 10:47 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

That plus OAT MILK has fiber and protein.......... new
      #73262 - 05/25/04 12:07 PM
Kandee

I thought I'd compare my 2 boxes of milk by Pacific Brands, the Rice and the Oat. (I use the Pacific brands rice because it is gluten free. Rice Dream isn't). The OAT has 2 grams fiber per 8 oz, the rice none. The Rice has 1 g. protein, the OAT, 4 g. The OAT also has a ton more calcium, and iron. The bad news for weight watchers is that the OAT has 130 cals per 8 oz. but the rice, only 90 calories. Or, if you're trying to gain weight this is a good thing. I know the OAT sure makes a smoothie taste richer!!!

Just passing this along............

(Pat,how'd your tapioca pudding turn out?)

Kandee

--------------------

Re: It's true...........OAT MILK will thicken where none of the others will... new
      #73348 - 05/25/04 02:04 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Hey Kandee, thanks for the tip! I made some tapioca pudding the other night with soy milk and it was just ok.
I miss my tapioca pudding!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review