All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: recipes new
      #770 - 02/12/03 06:10 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I'm trying my best to hang in there. It's so hard to deal with this. I never thought I'd get this ever.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#772 - 02/12/03 06:15 PM
till

Sorry, I forgot to post that I don't have a bread machine. I can't buy one either since I'm on a very tight budget. I can only make food by hand. Sorry about that.

#774 - 02/12/03 06:18 PM
till

Thank you. I hope I feel better too. Soon that is.

Re: Hi sweetie...hang in there new
      #776 - 02/12/03 06:21 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Well, I'm not sure about Canadian food labels, but ingredient labels in the US actually give the percentage of calories (per serving) that comes from fat. If your labels don't do this, you might have to do some math in your head. Each gram of fat has 9 calories. So take the number of fat grams times 9 and there are your fat calories. See what percentage this is of the total calories in a serving. You want that percentage to be under 25% (and if you're really in a cycle of attacks, I'd keep things under 20% till you stabilize).

It sounds like you might have to stick to oatmeal, cream of rice, plain white bread, potatoes, rice, and pasta. If the commercial bagels, fortune cookies, soda crackers, etc. all have egg yolks or dairy it's best to avoid them.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#778 - 02/12/03 06:23 PM
till

I do drink lots of water. At least 8 cups or more. It's hard since I'm always so full because of all this gas. I can hardly eat since I'm so full and bloated. Thanks very much.

Re: Hi sweetie...hang in there new
      #779 - 02/12/03 06:26 PM
till

Here, they don't show the percentage of fat from calories. Thanks. Now I know how to figure it out.

#780 - 02/12/03 06:31 PM
till

What are digestive enzymes actually? Are there side effects?

#810 - 02/13/03 04:44 AM
beckyd

Reged: 02/13/03

Angel,
I had all the bloating and gas, I really think that the Zelnorm my doctor gave me helped with that part of my IBS problem. See if you can get them to give this to you.

#850 - 02/13/03 05:58 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Angel,
I am knew to this. My doctor tested me for Celiac Disease a year ago and the blood test and biopsy came back negative. However, I was not able to eat anything with glueten for about two weeks. I discovered Celiac.com, which has a lot of great receipes with little fat and sugar. Another way to find recipes is to check Google.com. It is a search engine and type in fat free recipes. Another site to check is my-meals.com. It is a long list of fat free recipes.
Hope this is helpful and good luck!

#1596 - 02/27/03 05:11 PM
till

Thanks very much.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 168 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23615

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review