All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
lemon bread!
      #57798 - 04/04/04 02:19 PM
cmuse1224

Reged: 03/13/04
Loc: Peabody, MA

ok guys...i tried to make the lemon bread today..man getting the lemon zest was a chore in itself...i am not sure if i did it right. I grated the lemon peels and it just seemed to take forever! How does everyone else do it?
I will let you know how it comes out!
christine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I use the fine hole side of a metal cheese grater... new
      #57804 - 04/04/04 02:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

that's the fastest way to zest a whole lemon. I also have a little hand held lemon zester gadget, and that works well if I just need a little bit, or if I want long strips of zest. For the bread though, use the grater.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: lemon bread! new
      #57806 - 04/04/04 02:26 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

This bread is my favorite! It's so yummy! Between me and my son its gone in 1 day.

As for grating the lemon...I use a metal cheese slicer...it has 4 sides and a handel on top. On side you use for cheese slices, on another side you can grated cheese and on of the sides it has tiny holes so you can grate lemon peels. It works really well and only takes a couple of minutes. The peel should be pretty small.

It's so good...but do let it sit before you serve it. I make it at night and then eat it the next morning. Oh also don't put all the lemon glaze on top....if you put too much it gets soggy. I use about 1/4 cup.

Good luck! I think I need to make some tonight!!!

--------------------

It came out great! new
      #58151 - 04/05/04 01:22 PM
cmuse1224

Reged: 03/13/04
Loc: Peabody, MA

I made the bread yesterday and I let it sit till today! It came out great...i was lucky i only took a piece of it to work with me or else i probably would have eaten the entire loaf hee hee hee!! Thanks for the tips...I will stick to the cheese grater then!!
Christine

Re: It came out great! new
      #58204 - 04/05/04 04:52 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yay! I'm so glad it was a success for you! That bread is fantastic.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: lemon bread! new
      #58552 - 04/06/04 04:48 PM
Linda Cooper

Reged: 04/06/04

I missed the lemon bread recipe, could not find it to save my life--HELP--(I'm new)

EFI! new
      #58591 - 04/06/04 06:17 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Linda, do you have Heather's cookbook, Eating for IBS? It's in there!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Lemon Zest Spice Jar new
      #58622 - 04/06/04 08:01 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I noticed a spice jar with organic lemon zest granules at my favourite supermarket the other day.

I wonder if I could use this in place of grating fresh lemon zest for Heather's recipe.

Also, I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for how to sweeten this loaf without adding sugar or a sweetener. Is there any fruit I could add to offset the sourness of the lemon in the bread?

Belinda

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1989

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review