All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'M BAAAACCCCKKKKK! - PLEASE BE GENTLE...
      #5344 - 04/07/03 04:17 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hi...Boy, you people sure have been busy while I was gone. It's gonna take me a while to catch up so give me a few days.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Edited by SharonMello (04/07/03 04:28 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Good to see you again! Welcome home! -nt- new
      #5364 - 04/07/03 05:33 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKKK! - PLEASE BE GENTLE... new
      #5368 - 04/07/03 06:46 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Sharon! Welcome back! How was your trip? Got any good stories for us?

Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKKK! - Not much excitement... new
      #5539 - 04/09/03 08:51 AM
SharonMello

Hi Mags - About the only exciting thing that happened while we were away was on the freeway when one of Dan's sisters was driving up to the mall and she almost got us creamed!!! Everything is so expensive down there. The zoo costs about 45 dollars per person to get in so we didn't go. But, we did hit a couple of great restaurants--one was the Cheesecake Factory. Oh, my. I was a good girl and had a chinese chicken salad that was wonderful and didn't bother my IBS and the other was a little hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant where I had the most wonderful Chicken Cacciatore--yummmm. I can still taste it. That didn't bother my IBS either but I made sure to eat a bunch of bread before I got my entree. The same at the Cheesecake Factory. I gained about 4 lbs in 6 days--is that a record??? Now I have to work in the garden for about a week every day to work it off. Got constipated while I was there...it always happens when I go away...so I took a lot of Fibercon (Wal-Mart generic)with me and finally got "everything moving" after 4 days of wondering!

We had a great visit and Paddy the 18 lb cat was a riot, especially trying to "get" their white scottie dog through the patio door!

Thanks for asking.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#5567 - 04/09/03 02:04 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Just curious--what in the world does chinese chicken salad have to do with cheesecake?

Speaking of gardens, I forgot to tell you. I found some chives coming up on the side of my house a couple of weeks ago. That and some mint. I don't know if you remember me telling you, but all my herbs had dried up and died last summer (remember, those fun NJ summers! ), so I was really surprised they came back. I do have a lot of little flowers coming up out front also. Last year I had planted some seeds called Butterfly Hummingbird Mix--at least I think that's what it was called! LOL Well, my dog tried digging some of them up already! grrr! I love her to death, but she drives me NUTS when she does that! I tried pouring white vinegar around the border (not on the plants, just around the edging) to keep her away. My boyfriend told me his parents used to put that around their garbage when they took it out, and the dogs wouldn't go near it. (His parents breed dogs, so there's always a lot of them around.) So far it's worked...we'll see how long it lasts!

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time & had some pleasant restaurant experiences! How often can an IBSer say that!

Mags

Re: I'M BAAAACCCCKKKKK! - Cheesecake galore!~! new
      #5572 - 04/09/03 03:44 PM
SharonMello

Mags - Chinese chicken salad doesn't have anything to do with cheesecake, but...you should've seen the refrigerated cake case with all the cheesecakes. I just about went over the edge--I love cheesecake. It's a restaurant so they have to have more than just cheesecake, right?

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#5606 - 04/09/03 07:49 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I went to Chicago and my friend took me to the Cheesecake Factory....fond memories there! This was 1999 BC-IBS LOl

It was wonderful food there and their cheese cake is so good! I don't remember if I got sick, but I am happy I got to
indulge in that food before I got diagnosed LOL.

It's a cool motif there too huh? I would assume they are all set up the same...orange and dark and really cool!

I thought it was so neat!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review