All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Banana French Toast
      #5213 - 04/05/03 07:40 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Here's another from The McDougall Quick & Easy Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet. I'm planning on tomorrow morning, but we'll see. Depends how lazy I am, especially with the time change. If someone else tries it before me, let me know how it is. If I end up trying it tomorrow, I'll post how it was.

1 banana, broken into large pieces
1/2 c soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp cinnamon
6 slices bread

Place all but bread in blender. Process until smooth. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Dip the bread in the batter & cook on a nonstick griddle for about 2 min. on each side.

Recipe Hint: Make sure the griddle is hot before adding the bread to it. For best results, us an Italian-style bread rather than a dense bread to allow the batter to soak into the bread slightly.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Banana French Toast new
      #5221 - 04/05/03 11:45 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

with the type of bread you use, it this recipe ibs. safe?

#5223 - 04/06/03 07:54 AM
*Melissa*

I always wondered if Italian was ok...it seems almost like French to me, but I don't know the ingredients. I tried it this morning with French bread, which is definitely IBS safe. It was really good. I did have trouble with it sticking to the pan some (even though I did use non stick spray as well as the non stick pan), but I have that problem sometimes anyway. I'm wondering if I didn't let it heat up enough first. I could try baking it instead....that may help.

I was also going to make Heather's blueberry maple syrup, but I forgot (Blueberries & bananas are awesome together!) so I used a little boysenberry instead.

But, it was definitely good anyway. It made the house smell great too! LOL And it was really fast! Will make again!

#5250 - 04/06/03 04:22 PM
louise

heather: care to comment on this one?

#5258 - 04/06/03 08:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

This looks great. I love banana french bread, it's wonderful. Any kind of white bread will work and it's all very IBS safe. I have an old Pritikin recipe from the '70s for banana french toast that's one of my staples whenever I'm feeling touchy. It's almost exactly like this recipe but has some egg whites in it too, and nutmeg.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#5321 - 04/07/03 01:17 PM
louise

where can I find the recipe for Heather's blueberry syrup. I have some blueberreies I need to use up and I would love to try this recipe. I like the idea of not having any kind of eggs in it! Eggs have ALWAYS been one of my worst triggers!

#5332 - 04/07/03 02:38 PM
*Melissa*

It's in Eating for IBS with the Baked Blueberry Pecan French Toast.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 371 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review