All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Chicken lasagna?
      #5059 - 04/03/03 07:13 PM
Shelly

Reged: 04/03/03

HELLO.... I'M NEW TO THE BOARD...I WAS WONDERING DO ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW A SAFE CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE? LASAGNA WAS MY FAVORITE THING TO EAT BEFORE IBS CAME INTO MY LIFE...THANKS....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chicken lasagna? new
      #5060 - 04/03/03 07:18 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi! Welcome to the boards!

I haven't tried this, but Sharon posted this earlier.

WW Chicken Polenta Lasagna

Hope this helps.

Mags

#5061 - 04/03/03 07:26 PM
Shelly

Reged: 04/03/03

HELLO THANKS ALOT MAGS, I'LL HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE.....HAVE YOU HEARD ANY WITH A WHITE SAUCE INSTEAD OF TOMATO? JUST CURIOUS.....

#5062 - 04/03/03 07:32 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Honestly, that's the only chicken lasagna recipe I've ever heard of.

If I come across something, I'll let you know. Someone else may have one, or when Sharon gets back, I'm sure she'll have a suggestion!

#5066 - 04/03/03 08:47 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Shelly - Welcome to the board! I don't have a lasagna recipe, but for a white sauce try using the cream sauce from this recipe web page

You could use that without (or with) the mushrooms, add some shredded skinless chicken breasts, lasagna noodles, and soy or rice parmesan cheese.

I'm working on a traditional lasagna using soy instead of cheese and TVP (a dry soy product) instead of ground beef. I'll post that when I finally work it out.

PS - Try to take the Caps Lock off your keyboard - it's hard to read messages that are all in capital letters.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#5084 - 04/04/03 02:36 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I think heathers recipe/idea is great. i love lasagna, but its hard earting around all that cheese!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Chicken lasagna? - It's great - I made it... new
      #5544 - 04/09/03 09:17 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hi Shelly - welcome to the IBS boards. My sister gave me the Chicken Polenta Lasagna recipe--it's Wt Watchers and I made it a few weeks ago, and I just loved it--hubby didn't care one way or the other, but he doesn't like polenta either.

For regular lasagne, I would substitute the cheeses normally used with soy parmesan and soy mozzarella and would omit the ricotta (unless there's a soy ricotta out there). I would also add mushrooms, thinly sliced peeled zucchini, onions to it too.

I have a WW cheesy veggie lasagne that really good, but I haven't tried it yet with soy cheeses. Here it is:

EASY CHEESE LASAGNE

1 jar (28 oz. ) FF spaghetti sauce
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1-2 cups sliced or chopped IBS safe veggies
1 container silken tofu extra firm broken up
1 pkg (8 oz.) soy mozzarella cheese shredded
4 tbsp soy parmesan
S&P to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Spray 11x7 baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread 1/3 sauce on bottom of dish, arrange 3 lasagne noodles in single layer over sauce. Top with another 1/3 of sauce, all veggies, all the tofu, half the mozzarella, then remaining noodles in single layer. Spread evenly w/remaining sauce, cover dish w/foil and bake until noodles are tender and mixture is piping hot, about 1 hr. Sprinkle w/remaining mozzarella and bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or til cheese melts. Let stand 5 min before serving.

6 servings

Adapted from a Wt. Watchers recipe. I haven't figured the points, but the original recipe was great.

Let us know if you make it.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Edited by SharonMello (04/09/03 09:29 AM)

Re: Chicken lasagna? - It's great - I made it... new
      #5546 - 04/09/03 09:30 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

What is Polenta?

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Re: Chicken lasagna? - POLENTA EXPLAINED new
      #5551 - 04/09/03 10:04 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Heather - Polenta is the Italian word for cornmeal, cornmeal mush and for dishes made w/cornmeal mush. Polenta is a staple dish of northern Italy, where it is often eaten in place of bread.

It's made w/cornmeal, water and salt. Or you can buy it already made in the grocery store in the produce section. It comes in a one lb roll and is sometimes flavored with sundried tomatoes and herbs. All you do is slice it and saute in nonstick fry pan or put it in oven sliced with some soy cheese over it. I love it because it's so creamy and I love corn--any way you can make it!!!

Also, when you USED to order pizza in, there would be some "pebbly" feeling stuff on the bottom of the dough--it's cornmeal. I think they use it on the bottom so the dough doesn't stick to the oven.

Polenta Lesson Over!!!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: thanks!!! -nt- new
      #5552 - 04/09/03 10:23 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 699 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review