All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Jalapeno replacement
      #50057 - 03/12/04 12:44 PM

Unregistered

I have a yummy recipe for Black Bean Burgers. I would like to know what I can use to replace jalapenos that would still give it that spicy kick. I do not like the pre-made, frozen black bean burgers from the store. They are loaded with sodium and that makes me bloated. Thanks for your ideas! Aunie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jalapeno replacement new
      #50070 - 03/12/04 01:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - if you have a problem with capsicain, the compound that gives hot peppers their heat, any substitution with a kick that you use for jalapenos will probably still cause problems. If you do just fine with capsicain (and it's usually more trouble for upper GI problems than lower) you could substitute ground cayenne or ground chipotle (smoked jalapenos - really special flavor!) or if you have access to Hispanic ingredients you could try something like chile negros or guajillo chiles. Or, just use a mild chile powder if you don't want a kick!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Jalapeno replacement-Thanks Heather! -nt- new
      #50091 - 03/12/04 02:07 PM

Unregistered

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3098

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review