All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Does anyone have a recipe for a fruit smoothie made in the blender?
      #4245 - 03/27/03 10:02 AM
spooky1991

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kirkland, WA

I would like to find recipies for drinks you can make in the blender. Soy milkshakes or fruit smoothies.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone have a recipe for a fruit smoothie made in the blender? new
      #4251 - 03/27/03 10:19 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Gina - go to the top of this page and click on Search. When the new screen comes up, go through each little screen and make your choices. You might want to put "blender" as a search word. You'll come up with all recipies using the word blender--they might be fruit smoothies or others. If you still can't find what you're looking for, post again.

Are you related to Spooky Mulder??

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#4283 - 03/27/03 12:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Hey, you're close to me - I'm in Seattle! Kirkland is so pretty.

Check Eating for IBS for smoothie recipes, and also here web page and here banana berry smoothie

And, I don't even use a recipe for most smoothies. I just throw a blend of frozen peaches, strawberries or cherries, small amount of blueberries, and fresh pineapple if I have it on hand, in the food processor with enough soy milk to blend. I add honey to taste, and sometimes vanilla soy powder too. I like the fruit frozen because it makes the shake super thick, like ice cream. But be careful, because ice cold foods can trigger attacks in some folks. No matter what the combo of fruit, I keep peaches or bananas as the top ingredient for the soluble fiber they have.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#4336 - 03/27/03 07:41 PM
spooky1991

Heather, You know my mom Eileen Mintz

#4337 - 03/27/03 07:43 PM
spooky1991

Spooky is my cat.

Say hi for me! -nt- new
      #4343 - 03/27/03 09:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#4377 - 03/28/03 07:06 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Gina - but, do you know who Spooky Mulder is from the X-Files? Why did you name your cat Spooky?

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#4871 - 04/01/03 09:23 PM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Hey Spooky, I made my own shake the other day, or fruit smoothie (whats the diff). I got strawberry soy milk (Soy-Um). I put some ice in the blender, then I put in the strawberry soy milk and added a banana. I've always liked juices or whatever that had strawberry/banana in them, so I figured I would like this, and I did! It came out great, but i only wanted one glass, and I made so much! LOL My boyfriend liked it, and he's skittish about soy milk!!! LOL

#59482 - 04/09/04 06:21 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

I just posted a recipe for peach cream smoothie courtesy of www.bodybreak.com
they have a few on their web site.

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

I didn't realize... new
      #262499 - 05/09/06 11:01 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

that frozen peaches were considered SF. Boy, learn something new after 1 1/2 years at this. I thought only bananas, papayas and mango were considered safe SF bases.

Is it best to only add a small handful of blueberries because of the skin? Is 1/2 cup of tiny frozen ones too much for most people?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

trial and error new
      #262504 - 05/09/06 11:06 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

If I were you, I'd put in a lot of blueberries. You are basically in pain every day anyway, right? You know you need as much IF as possible. I'd pick a Saturday morning when you can afford to stay in all day, and do some experimenting. Put in a big old handful of blueberries and see what happens. You should be increasing your IF consistently until your C is relieved.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: trial and error new
      #262710 - 05/10/06 01:38 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Lemme pile on here!

Yeah, fruit/veggie IF really isn't as scary as you think. I'm sure that you're like me and had plenty of times pre-Heather where you ate a bunch of veggies and felt like crap later on. But really, when you have some SF (and peppermint on hand in case you go too nuts) and chop/cook/puree your fruits and veggies, it is so darn safe and good for us C'ers! Honestly, I will get in trouble with the real triggers (red meat, dairy, high fat) and overdosing on whole grains, but I've never had real problems with fruit/veggie IF the Heather way.

You need to face the fear and gradually increase your fruit/veggie IF. It's ok to be scared - heck, it's downright normal for us IBS'ers. The hypno helps with that (hint, hint). But eat some more anyway, and have a heating pad and peppermint at the ready, and you will be pleasantly surprised!

--AC

Juice instead of soy milk new
      #262789 - 05/11/06 05:38 AM
Becca LG

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

If you don't want the soy, you can use juice instead... I use OJ with calcium because of the lack of dairy in my diet, but cranberry works well. I used to use Apple juice but I think thats a trigger for most IBSers. It just makes the smoothie more fruity, and I don't ever put in more sugar. If you use juice, frozen fruits, and a bit of tofu or something (yay protein), its a whole meal!! I actually put in some acacia tummy fiber also. Its delicious... every single morning

-Becca

--------------------
At least I've learned a lot about my
body...

IBS-A and still figuring things out

#263378 - 05/14/06 09:45 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I make a few, but one that I really like is:

3 frozen peach halves cut into smaller portions
1 tsp. raw almond butter
1 tbsp. vanilla soy protein powder
1/4 - 1/2 packet of Stevia
Rice Dream Vanilla or Almond Breeze Vanilla milk - quantity depends on the thickness you like.

Mix well in blender, pour into a tall glass and enjoy.

Re: I didn't realize... new
      #263385 - 05/15/06 05:38 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Beth
I make a yummy smoothie with half a banana, frozen blueberries and raspberries and apple juice or soy milk to make it more liquid. (I prefer the apple juice) I can tolerate lots of blueberries, plus the berries give it a great taste. Take Amanda's advice on this one, she's onto something

--------------------
S.

Sinead... new
      #263411 - 05/15/06 07:04 AM
Augie

..about how much berries would you estimate you add?

Thanks for your feedback!

--------------------
~ Beth

sounds good... new
      #263412 - 05/15/06 07:10 AM
Augie

I've been leery of fruits because of the high fructose/sorbitol content of this individual fruit. It scores high on those, according to my research. In fact, I think they were rated as one of the unfriendliest tummy fruits.

I'm not trying to scare you, Gracie. You obviously know what works for you way more than I know what works for me!

Maybe I'll get the guts to try peach. I used to like them a lot!

What are some of your other favorite smoothies?

--------------------
~ Beth

beth new
      #263414 - 05/15/06 07:15 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I reckon about half a cup- my berries are frozen and a mix of blueberries raspberries and loganberries, sometimes I leave the smoothie thick and other times I add extra juice or soy milk to make it more like a juice drink. It's very yummy and a glorious purple colour, the berries are much more flavoursome (in my opinion) than sticking with peaches etc. I blend for a long time so that everything is all mushed up and if it's too thick then I add more juice/milk and blitz again for a few seconds to mix all that up too.

Have fun making them, they are soo delicious

--------------------
S.

Thank you, sweetie! new
      #263430 - 05/15/06 08:20 AM
Augie

Wish me luck!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: sounds good... new
      #263523 - 05/15/06 03:25 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I don't drink it (or eat peaches) all the time so maybe that's why it hasn't bothered me.

I also like a mixed berry smoothie - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and red and black currants. The total I put in there is about 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons frozen berries combined.

Another one I like is mango and pineapple. Again I only use a few cubed pieces of each.

With these 2 smoothies I don't use the almond butter, but I guess if you like it, you can use it in there too.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also like using some Pom Wonderful Pomegranate juice in the smoothies.

Edited by Gracie (05/15/06 03:27 PM)

YAY for the smoothie crew.... new
      #264374 - 05/19/06 12:22 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I too am AN ADDICT...I made an amazing banana, soya, silken tofu and strawberry one not long ago and it was soooo nice!! Am a HUGE lover of banana, pineapple and coconut aswell....mmmmmm.....oh and mango, coconut and lemongrass....theres so much possibilities and they are soooo much fun!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 530 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15122

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review