All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ginger tea
      #4189 - 03/26/03 05:17 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I've been drinking ginger tea. I cut ginger up and use 1 tsp. for a cup of tea. I let it seep for at least 5min. I need very strong ginger tea. Is 1 tsp. enough to make it strong? Do I need to use more ginger if so how much? I said before that I have 6 Altoids per day. Should I swallow more since my IBS is severe is so how many? I can't take fiber supplements Metamucil is only sold here. It makes me sick. It causes gas, gas pains, bloating, it's severe. I need citricil. I can't order it from the net, it won't work with my computer. I need copermin too it might work. Does anyone here take copermin if so does it help? When my IBS is under control will I still have constipation, bloating , cramps, etc? I need to know please help me.
My IBS is really bad it's torture daily. It's so bad I'd rather be dead so the suffering will end. I don't go a week without crying it's so bad. Does anyone here have it really bad like me am I the only one? How does everyone work, shop, go out etc. ?
Thanks
God Bless

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ginger tea new
      #4192 - 03/26/03 05:52 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Sorry you're not feeling well at all. You can definitely make your ginger tea stronger - as strong as you like, actually. Try a good tablespoon of fresh crushed ginger per cup of boiling water.

You can order Citrucel or other soluble fiber supplements from medichest.com. If you can't order on line they have telephone number on their site. You might try Equalactin - people who have been unable to tolerate other soluble fiber supplemets have had good luck with this brand.

Colpermin is a brand of peppermint capsules. You can get any brand - they should all work. Health food stores would have these. Peppermint capsules have really good clinical studies in support of their effectiveness in IBS. There are some people on this board who use the brand Pepogest and really like it.

Have you read the "breaking the cycle" info and the basic dietary guidelines? Those pages are web page and web page

You should also post on the hypnotherapy board here for advice. Hypnotherapy for IBS has worked really well for people who have severe symptoms that did not resond to any other treatments.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#4242 - 03/27/03 09:56 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Angel - what's copermin? If you can log onto these boards, you should be able to log onto other sites to order your fiber suppl.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#4678 - 03/31/03 05:12 PM
till

I've looked for peppermint capcules and I only found peppermint plus capsules. There's peppermint in it but there is also other herbs which I can't have. So can I swallow more Altoids or not? I don't know if I can.

#4679 - 03/31/03 05:15 PM
till

Copermin is peppermint oil capsules that I need badly. I can't order soluble fiber supplements such as Citricil. It won't work. A box pops up on my screen that says my certificate is exspired whatever that means.

#4702 - 03/31/03 07:28 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Angel - try www.swansonvitamins.com. or (800) 437 4148 24/7. I know they have peppermint capsules but I don't know if there's anything else in them. Check it out.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Angel - Call the telephone number at medichest.com new
      #4720 - 03/31/03 08:29 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

They have a number on their website - you don't have to order online. You can get peppermint capsules at health food stores or drug stores - they're pretty widely available.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#5355 - 04/07/03 05:12 PM
till

Thanks very much.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 432 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3962

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review