All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'll Be Gone: But not forgotten, I hope!
      #4069 - 03/25/03 01:55 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hi everybody - Me and my honey are taking a short vacation starting April 2 through April 7. We're driving to San Diego with one of Dan's sisters and one sister-in-law (she was married to one of Dan's brothers who passed away LY. I really need the rest. I'm sure HanSolo, Tess Louise and Heather can handle any of your questions just perfectly. I've started a bag (I think I'm gonna need a crate) of all my WW and IBS safe foods. I'm even taking recipes with me in case they want me to cook. Remember, they're all Portuguese and they use a lot of fat when they cook...so I'm trying to be careful while I'm away. I've started w/a plastic grocery bag, but now it's too full, I think I'll bring out the gargantuan bag we got in Mexico a few years ago. Now, if only I can lift it when it's full!

I'll be posting until Sunday or Monday. Have to finish paying bills, take in some of my summer clothes (which are just hanging on me...don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining), finish planting my glads before they start sprouting in their bags, and make two floral arrangements. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it.

Wish me luck with all the Portagees!!!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'll Be Gone: But not forgotten, I hope! new
      #4071 - 03/25/03 02:08 PM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

Enjoy your holiday!!!!!

Have a great trip, but... new
      #4072 - 03/25/03 02:13 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

hurry back! We'll miss you terribly!

xxoo
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#4073 - 03/25/03 02:21 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Have fun.....sounds like you are gonna need a UHaul for your recipes alone!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Have a great trip, we will miss you! new
      #4077 - 03/25/03 03:49 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

Sharon,
I hope you have a wonderful trip and manage to cope ok with all the portugese food! Thanks for your great input on here.
Trish

#4079 - 03/25/03 04:47 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Have a great time sharon, I sure will miss you! You're leaving april 2nd? My b-day is April 1st, so you wont miss it have a great time, you sure will be missed. dont forget to mentally record everything that happens

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#4080 - 03/25/03 05:18 PM
SharonMello

Angela - My brother's birthday is April Fool's Day too. So, early Happy birthday To You!

I record everything I eat in a journal...I've been doing it about 1.5 years since starting WW and now I'm so used to doing it. I'll probably take my little journal w/me on my trip (along with all my safe foods).

Thanks for caring.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#4081 - 03/25/03 05:22 PM
SharonMello

Lana Marie - I'm only taking a few--like the one HanSolo just posted on hot fudge cake. That way, I can make them a treat too and we'll all be better for not eating a fattening dessert!

But, I'll probably need a UHaul for my food! That reminds me of when my sis and her husband visited a few weeks ago. They are always on WW just so they won't gain weight and to maintain. They come walking in with two bags that weighed about 25 lbs each. I told them my house was IBS and WW safe, but I guess I didn't tell her before they left to come up here. Anyway, a lot of it was for me. She brought bagels (huge ones) and bagel chips (which are all gone now) and a few other things. She's a good sister.

Thanks for the good wishes everybody.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

Re: Have a great trip, but... new
      #4082 - 03/25/03 05:25 PM
SharonMello

Heather - If I get bored down there, I think they have a computer so I'll try to log on once or twice. If they're not hooked up to the internet, then I'll have to wait til I get back.

I don't look fwd to all the traffic in LA and the Grapevine but I think we're going to leave early enough to bypass most of it.

Three Portagees and a Jew--what a combination (they're used to me by now...we've been married since 1981 so I guess I'm ALMOST Portuguese!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#4089 - 03/25/03 06:07 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Have a great trip!!!! I am counting on you to send me a good granola recipe before you leave.
I hope you have a good time. We went to Chicago over the weekend for a wedding and my husband and I thought it would be great to spend a couple of extra days and hit some hot spots for children. With the large group of protestors downtown Chicago we decided it was best to go home.
There is always another time - we only live three hours from Chicago.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 206 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7892

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review