All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Better Than Cheesecake chocolate variation?
      #367649 - 06/21/12 08:41 AM
MeghanM

Reged: 06/21/12

Hi everyone,

I am planning to make the 'Better Than Cheesecake' recipe this weekend (can't wait), and since I no longer eat solid chocolate I am dying for something chocolatey that's safe for my super sensitive stomach.
Has anyone tried adding unsweetened cocoa powder to the tofu mix? Does it turn out alright?

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Interesting.... new
      #367651 - 06/21/12 11:35 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I have not tried that - sounds good though. You can probably safely start with 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa whisked into the cornstarch and added to the recipe. If that's not chocolatey enough go up to 1/2 cup. Not sure how this will address the texture - the more you add the more the risk things will get strange.

Have you tried the peppermint fuge cake? It is super chocolatey but only from cocoa powder - low fat, dairy free, really delicious. It's in Eating for IBS and here http://www.helpforibs.com/books/efi/pep_fudge_cake.asp

There's also a chocolate fallen souffle cake in Eating for IBS that is a dead ringer for one of those "death by chocolate" flourless cakes.

Oh - and a molten mocha cake to die for here http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/08/051308.html#fooddiet

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Interesting.... new
      #367652 - 06/21/12 12:33 PM
MeghanM

Reged: 06/21/12

Okay, I'll give the cocoa powder a shot and let you know how it goes. I hadn't seen that last recipe, I'll have to check that out next.

And yes, I have tried the peppermint fudge!! I made it this past month, it is delicious!! I actually just got your book recently and I'm cooking my way through. I've tried several drinks and dinners, as well. Peppermint fudge will definitely be a staple, and my boyfriend (who has no IBS issues) also loves it. I hoarded it over many weeks and shared with friends, and now that it is gone I am on the hunt for a new dessert to try. My sweet tooth is a killer so I have to have a lot of self-discipline to keep it in check.

Thanks for all your recipes, they are a life saver.

Re: Interesting.... new
      #367658 - 06/21/12 03:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Aw, thanks! You'll love the chocolate fallen souffle cake - that one is just impossible to believe because it so fudgy and rich. It's my go-to recipe for a dessert when company is over, because it looks so fancy and special (I throw a few fresh raspberries on top and a dusting of powdered sugar).

The dirty secret is that is super fast and easy to make - and I pretty much always have the ingredients on hand as I keep bagged nuts in the freezer. Everything else in there is just a staple.

XXOO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5760

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review