All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Using Stevia questions
      #366382 - 11/08/11 01:11 PM
aperson

Reged: 12/02/10

how would it be using stevia instead of sugar? I have never used it yet but I have started using only usda organic herbs and I buy from mountain rose herbs...i want to make the lemon mint sorbet drink and other recipes that require sugar I refuse to use table sugar.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Using Stevia questions new
      #366383 - 11/08/11 01:33 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I don't know how you could sub stevia for sugar when baking, but for simple things like drinks just add stevia to taste until it's sweet enough for you.

For frozen recipes like sorbet, remember that cold dampens sweetness, so make the unfrozen liquid a little too sweet, and it will taste just right when frozen.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#366438 - 11/24/11 08:37 PM
Meower55

Reged: 06/24/08
Loc: Beaverton, Oregon

I use stevia to partially substitute for sugar in bread and muffin recipes. Sugar has properties that affect the texture of bread, so I haven't tried to completely eliminate it. I like the results of using 1/4 tsp. of stevia to replace about 1/4 cup of sugar.

--------------------
Nancy

#367207 - 04/09/12 12:41 PM
Sue_R

Reged: 04/09/12

I've been experimenting with a chocolate chip banana recipe, substituting stevia for the sugar, and this latest attempt was yummy. Based on some quick googling, instead of the 2/3 cup sugar I used about 2/3 tsp of stevia (the kind with the teeny tiny scoop) and one individual-sized container of unsweetened applesauce. Of course, those chocolate chips are still in there....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8641

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review