All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather's Peppermint Fudge Cake
      #365245 - 06/24/11 07:00 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I love Heather's peppermint fudge cake and I was wondering if you could make those into cupcakes instead of just a cake. I work at a greenhouse and I wanted to make something for the guys and I also wanted to make something I could eat too but bringing in a cake would be too hard at the greenhouse and a cupcake you can grab and go. I didn't know if you needed to adjust the baking time or that kind of thing. Anyone else is thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yep - search the boards for this, it's come up before... new
      #365252 - 06/24/11 12:56 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I can't remember how you adjust the baking temp and time - I think it's a slightly higher temp and shorter time.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Heather's Peppermint Fudge Cake new
      #365272 - 06/26/11 07:41 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I didn't find an old discussion of baking times just a thread that says the batter should make 12 cupcakes. However my regular cookbook says a cake made with 2 cups of flour will make 30 cupcakes.

As for cooking times, the back of my Duncan Hines cake mix says to bake a Bundt cake at 350 for 45-50 minutes but 24 cupcakes at 350 for 19-22 minutes. Since Heather's Bundt cake bakes at 325 for 50-60 minutes, I'd try the cupcakes at 325 and start checking them at 22 minutes.

When I've made low-fat muffins, I find that using paper liners doesn't work well - the muffins stick to the paper - so I Pam the muffin tin instead. I don't know if you'll have the same problem with a low-fat cake.

Here's another thought on cupcakes although if you have your heart set on Heather's Peppermint Fudge these won't really do - and I'm not sure how guys feel about angel food cake :
Assorted Angel Food Cupcakes

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Heather's Peppermint Fudge Cake new
      #365278 - 06/27/11 08:43 AM
gizmo

I did end up finding the old discussions too. I actually made them this morning. It made 12 cupcakes and I baked it at 325 for 30 minutes and it worked really well. I just ate one and it was so good! Luckily they didn't stick to the cupcake liners. I've had that trouble also with low fat muffins. I didn't have trouble with the cake!!

Those two angel food cake recipes look really good too. I don't know if the guys at work would like them or not. Knowing them they probably would but I'm going to make them for me sometime. I finally have a day off to do some baking and cooking that I haven't had time for.

Thanks for your replies you are always so helpful!!

quick chocolate cupcakes new
      #365304 - 06/28/11 02:31 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Heres a idea I like to use when I am rushed or just tired and need a chcolate fix take a box chocolate cake mix (safe one) and 1 can of pumpkin and mix add that to a sprayed muffin pans and bake! YUMMY My husband loves these and there great to freeze when I have some left over. just thought I would share.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: quick chocolate cupcakes new
      #365305 - 06/28/11 02:46 PM
gizmo

That's a great idea too! Thanks for sharing!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 418 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review