All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
going thru US customs with my acacia powder
      #362572 - 12/18/10 02:45 PM
carol_in_okotoks

Reged: 12/18/10

Hello, do you think I will have any trouble travelling with my acaia powder when I go thru the U.S. Customs from my home in Canada. I'm wondering if I should ask my doctor for a letter. I will be bringing the sealed foil packet..the large one (wish I'd ordered the new travel packets but too late now). We are going on a cruise and I'd hate to be without it, as it's been a life saver for me for several years now. All that good food on the cruise will be such a temptation too!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: going thru US customs with my acacia powder new
      #362593 - 12/19/10 05:16 PM
Followmyheart

Reged: 12/15/10
Loc: BC, Canada

Hi Carol!

I'm sure it won't be a big problem. I have been thinking about my fiber supplement as well since it's a white powder lol! However, I'm sure that with the instructions on the side of the container you will be fine.

If you are worried it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a doctor's note with you!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live."~Flora Whittemore

#362630 - 12/21/10 01:00 PM
carol_in_okotoks

Thanks Followmyheart for your reply. I probably shouldn't worry so much but this is such a special vacation after 3 terrible years for our whole family. Don't want anything to spoil it. Now it's all about lots of warm sunshine and de-stressing.

Thanks again,
Carol

It's never been a problem for anyone... new
      #362632 - 12/21/10 04:31 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

we get asked about this a lot. No one has ever actually had trouble with Customs. I've traveled with it internationally and had no issues at all. We had one customer traveling through South America with it and even she had no problems either.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: It's never been a problem for anyone... new
      #362633 - 12/21/10 09:37 PM
carol_in_okotoks

Hi Heather, appreciate you taking the time to answer and now I guess I can stop worrying. Carol

#365301 - 06/28/11 11:12 AM
luckiest1

Reged: 10/22/10
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Just wondering how you made out on your cruise? I have booked one in October and am worrying about the same things....especially worrying about having an IBS attack whilst on board. I will definitely be bringing my acacia fibre but am worried that there won't be rice or soy milk available as a substitute for the dairy....other than that I think I can make good choices.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 424 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8934

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review