All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Have to force myself to eat !!!
      #358643 - 05/14/10 05:42 PM
LindaDB

Reged: 02/10/10
Loc: Maryland

Hi,new to IBS-D 9 months.I am not a big eater,never have been.I take 1 Tbs.tummy fiber when I first get up. And about an hour later I have oatmeal and or a banana and soy milk.I leave for work about 9 or 9:30. I start getting shaky around noon or so,have to force myself to snack on pretzels or a luna bar and water.Get home around 3:00 pm. Take 1 TBS.fiber and force another snack.Before dinner I take another TBS.fiber and can eat only a small meal.I feel so bloted and full.I've lost 15 lbs.since this all began.I follow the IBS diet,Some days I have D and some days I don't.Should I take the Tummy fiber before I eat ? I really need to put some weight back on.I used to wolf down a dozen donuts ( no problem ) Am I taking the fiber to close to eating ?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Have to force myself to eat !!! new
      #358679 - 05/16/10 04:27 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

try making some of the bread that listed thats has some soulble veggies in it and fruit even pumpkin bread to sback on. Try even taking some vitimins as well. Have you tried taking bean-o or gas-x bean-o before and gas-x after if you need it. Try heathers fennel tea as well you could have some of it with some bread to snack on. hth feel better soon. I to lost ALOT of weight to when I first got sick 60 pounds. I gain alot back after i started eating again.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#358685 - 05/17/10 01:57 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

Heather has recommended Amazake rice shakes for helping maintain weight. They are available at Whole Foods Market. Each has 400 calories per 16 oz. container and are easily digestible. I have one every morning with breakfast after my cream of rice cereal. The Chocolate Almond flavor is really delicious. I like the Vanilla Pecan Pie flavor next best.

Cheers.

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

#358689 - 05/17/10 08:38 AM
my2girls2008

Reged: 05/17/10

I have been doctoring for a year now with stomach pain..had test after test...CT of my small bowels and finally this week the dr said the only thing he can come up with is that I have IBS...he put me on 10mg of dicyclomine (generic name) it does not seem to help....I am so frustrated as maybe I think something else could possible be wrong with me.

#358693 - 05/17/10 01:25 PM
LindaDB

Thanks,never heard of these shakes,I do make banana and soy milk smoothies.And take my vitamins.I feel so bloated most of the time,I don't feel like eating. But feel sick if I don't.So I eat anyway and really feel bloated !!!

#358694 - 05/17/10 01:41 PM
LindaDB

Thanks,I was thinking it was the Tummy fiber I take before meals that was making me feel bloated and not able to eat much.I do have alot of gas after eating,and feel like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner.Guess it's just an IBS-D fact.
Do I take Beano before meals or after or both ? Does it up set your stomach? Thanks

#358695 - 05/17/10 02:18 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - you can take the Tummy Fiber right before or right with your meals (or actually sprinkle it on / cook it into your food).

Can you add some small amounts of protein to your soluble fiber foundation? Things like a little peanut or almond butter, or a bit of tuna or chicken breast, or some scrambled egg whites? That will help stabilize your blood sugar and stop the shaky feeling you're getting.

Also, did you start with just 1/2 teaspoon twice daily of the Tummy Fiber and gradually work up to the 1 tablespoon twice daily you're at? If you increased your dose too quickly that could cause bloating.

Are there some foods you crave that we could help you make IBS-friendly? It's a lot easier to want to eat if you're looking forward to it instead of dreading it.

Also, try drinking some very strong fennel tea throughout the day, and especially around the times you're prone to bloating.

XXOO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#358696 - 05/17/10 04:14 PM
LindaDB

Hi Heather,Yes I did start at the low dose about 7 months ago and increased it,1/2 tsp.at a time slowly.I take 1 TBS.three times a day now.First thing in the morning and before lunch and dinner.Sometimes I add 1 tsp. to a smoothie or my oat meal.Hot tea of any kind,for some strange reason,makes me sick(vomit)sorry! Someone said take Beano before I eat,is that ok? I do have alot of gas.For the help with food I miss,I'm doing pretty good with the IBS recipes,as long I get dessert(sweet tooth)I'm ok with the rest.Thanks

Beano is just fine... new
      #358698 - 05/17/10 05:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and you can take that right at the same time as the Tummy Fiber if you want.

One thing I've learned from people prone to bloating is that big glass of liquid - even plain water - can make them worse. They tend to do better sipping small amounts often throughout the day. That might help you - you don't have to have a big glass of liquid with the Tummy Fiber.

A sweet tooth is okay - try to use that to get fruits/veggies in things like banana or pumpkin breads, fruit cobblers, etc. so you use dessert to get some healthy foods.

XXOO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Beano is just fine... new
      #358702 - 05/18/10 05:53 AM
LindaDB

Thanks so much,I thought I was supposed to drink all the water I could,I would be so full of liquid I was starting to float!!! I will get some Beano today (my husband will thank you) Maybe I will feel like eating more now and not so full.Don't know what I'd do without this site.Learn something new every day.And by the way "how lucky am I" my DR. just confided in me,he has IBS also ! Thanks Heather

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 179 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review