All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
veggies and fruits
      #357957 - 04/22/10 11:38 AM
LindaDB

Reged: 02/10/10
Loc: Maryland

Hi everyone,I'm new IBS-D 8 months.I'm afraid to try any veggies except potatoes or fruit except bananas.I ate some green peppers and onions(cooked)and peeled apples afew weeks ago and had D 24/7 for days, got very sick.Back on track now with my diet and tummy fiber.I want to make chicken stew,but I like carrots add peas in it,would canned peas & carrots (since their soft)be safe to add and cook longer ? I also like raisins in my bread pudding. Are things like this just try & see ? I'm almost afraid of food other than what I've tried already. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: veggies and fruits new
      #357967 - 04/22/10 08:25 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Peppers are advanced eating for IBS for me. It took me a long time on Heather's diet before I could tolerate them. Onions I did well with all along. It's probably safest to try onions again in cooking without peppers. And maybe start with a smaller amount of onions and see how you do.

As for chicken stew, do the carrots but forget the peas for right now. Cooked carrots should be pretty safe but peas are a little tougher. Leave those till you're further along.

Raisins I'd try but in small quantities. They're IF and fructose so approach cautiously. And if you have an IBS safe bread pudding recipe, please post it. All the ones I've seen call for stuff I shouldn't eat. Thanks.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#357968 - 04/23/10 03:54 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Pepper and onions were bad news for me for a long time, too. The only veggies I could handle at first were mushrooms and green beans.

Potatoes are more of a starch than a veggie, but they are safe at least!

#357972 - 04/23/10 07:39 AM
LindaDB

Reged: 02/10/10

Thanks for the info ! Here is a bread pudding recipe that was my Moms,I changed for IBS.Spray a casserole dish,mine is glass 10x8x3"deep.Preheat oven to 350,lightly toast about 7 slices of bread and butter each slice with smart balance light non dairy spread.Layer toasted bread into casserole dish,sprinkle raisins between slices(if you like)mix 3/4 cup egg beaters with 1/4 tsp.salt & 1/2 cup sugar by hand beat slightly then add 1/2 tsp vanilla.Scald 3 cups soy milk original,turn off heat,add egg mixture to milk and stir.Pour over bread in casserole and let soak into bread,press down lightly a few times to soak up the milk mixture.I sprinkle about 1/2 tsp.cinnamon,sugar mixture on top and bake about 30min. Real yummy !!! Hope you like.

Bread Pudding Recipe new
      #357976 - 04/23/10 08:35 AM
Sand

Thank you! It sounds yummy.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

'Nother bread pudding recipe.. new
      #357984 - 04/23/10 11:13 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

From an old newsletter here

You could omit the raisins and the rum if you like, or make substitutions (diced dried apricots are yummy for the fruit, and sometimes I just use vanilla extract).

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Yum, rum! Thanks, Heather. -nt- new
      #357985 - 04/23/10 12:51 PM
Sand

--------------------

I love bread pudding. I'm going to give this a try -nt- new
      #358031 - 04/26/10 08:32 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

--------------------
Janey

#358138 - 04/28/10 05:52 AM
Kristenmickel

Reged: 04/28/10

Hi! I like the topics in this forum..And off course yours also..
Just wanted to say hello to all members as I'm new here..

Re: I love bread pudding. I'm going to give this a try -nt- new
      #358139 - 04/28/10 05:53 AM
Kristenmickel

Reged: 04/28/10

What's that?
I didn't understand...
Anyways hi!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12196

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review