All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Non-beef hamburger?
      #351905 - 11/10/09 11:49 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I am craving a good hamburger! Do any of you have a good recipe for soy-veggie ones or ground turkey ones? If so, I'd sure like the recipe.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

There are ground turkey ones in the recipe archive list new
      #351917 - 11/10/09 12:42 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

but you might also try some store-bought ones.

I don't like hamburger, so I can't attest to that version, but the sausage version of Gimme Lean is fantastic. And they do have a "hamburger" product. It's at just about all health food stores and in my area at regular grocery stores too.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: There are ground turkey ones in the recipe archive list new
      #351922 - 11/10/09 01:02 PM
Windchimes

One of the biggest problems for me is that I live in a rural area, and grocery stores even 30 minutes away only carry basic essentials, rarely anything that would benefit IBS. Even soy products are so very difficult to find, never mind rice and almond milk. Forget soy cheese, I have to drive 90 minutes (each way) to buy that, and hope to make my own when I feel better this winter. The book I posted for 'Little Minnie' seems very hopeful for making non-dairy cheeses and I really have enjoyed the things I've made from this book when I was feeling okay.

I admit that I totally tore up my gut by eating a shrimp salad at a restaurant last week, and I'm still attempting to overcome the misery for having done that. Dumb me!

--------------------

Not dumb, just human. -nt- new
      #351951 - 11/10/09 05:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Not dumb, just human. new
      #351962 - 11/10/09 06:24 PM
Windchimes

Thanks, Heather. Some days I just feel like a total 'retard'... cold, shivering, and too many emergency trips to the bathroom with IBS-D. Why in the world would I EVER eat a salad for a main meal? I guess because I was really craving salads that I've always loved... now I'm paying the price in more ways than one!

--------------------

Edited by Windchimes (11/10/09 06:28 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review