All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
is clam broth clam juice?
      #351548 - 11/03/09 11:50 AM

Unregistered

heather's recipe new england clam chowder calls for it and I just want to make sure the clam juice I bought is clam broth.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yes - that should be just fine for the recipe. Any seafood broth/juice would work as well. -nt- new
      #351552 - 11/03/09 11:54 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

non alcohol stubstite for 2 tablespoons mirin, Sherry, or white wine? new
      #351553 - 11/03/09 11:56 AM

Unregistered

sweet corn crab soup calls for it..I don't want to go buy a bottle of alcohol..is there something cheap at wal mart,like would regula applejuice work?

Jasmine Rice with Seafood Recipe new
      #351554 - 11/03/09 12:00 PM

Unregistered

http://www.cassknits.com/category/food/recipes/ (pics and what is that pan it is cooking on?)

Can you buy scallps at wal mart and are they expensive?

Jasmine Rice with Seafood

2 cups jasmine rice
3 cups water
1 lb imitation crab meat
1 lb scallops
5-6 slices of cooked bacon, torn into bite sized pieces (turkey bacon)
lemon pepper

Start the water boiling, and cook the rice. While it is cooking, throw the bacon and scallops into a frying pan. Cook them until the scallops are done. That won't take but a few minutes.

When the scallops are done, put the imitation crab meat in the skillet, add some lemon pepper and stir it all together to mix.

When the rice is done, tip it into the skillet and mix again. Call the crew, and smirk in Rachel Ray's direction as you serve this 25 minute meal. Just Kidding, ya'll. I love me some Rachel.

Best bet is probably something like cooking sherry new
      #351560 - 11/03/09 12:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

which is cheap and will last a long time. Apple juice won't work as a sub.

You might also be able to sub a little soy sauce mixed with sugar - I would add that gradually to the soup and keep tasting, as it's not an exact replacement.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Don't know if Walmart has scallops new
      #351561 - 11/03/09 12:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

but they are a rather pricey seafood item. You can substitue a firm white fish like halibut, or baby shrimp, or fake crab meat.

For this recipe, use the soluble fiber of the rice to add in some veggies - try adding diced carrots, a little diced onion, diced asparagus or green beans, etc. to the saucepan and cook until very tender before you add the turkey bacon.

- H

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9652

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review