All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chocolate Soy Pudding
      #350465 - 09/30/09 02:32 PM
Catgirl

Reged: 01/10/09
Loc: Canada

I found this recipe today since I can't find a vegan pudding at the store that is good. I tried Belsoy Chocolate and caramel pudding and they have almost no taste and kinda gel like . I tried the vegan flavors from Jell-o pudding that comes in the box but it's too sweet since you can only use 1C. soy milk or else it won't set if you add 2 cups.

This recipe is just like the pudding that is sold everywhere you know in those little plastic cups minus the unhealthy and cruel dairy. It's really easy to make.It has a rich sweet chocolate taste.

3 T. cornstarch
1/4 c. each sugar and cocoa
1 1/2 c. soy milk
1/4 t. vanilla extract

In small saucepan over high heat stir milk, vanilla, sugar, cocoa. After mixing well, add cornstarch. Keep mixing til it gets thick. Remove from heat and set aside 5 min. with lid on pot. . Pour in a container in the fridge.

Enjoy guys.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You could also use this as the basis for a chocolate creme pie... new
      #350473 - 09/30/09 05:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Just use a graham cracker crust you make with soy butter, top with a layer of bananas if you like, then pour the pudding over and chill the whole pie.

I make vegan vanilla and chocolate cream pies from the puddings like this - they are wonderful!!

And you're right - even non-vegans will love them and never even know they're dairy-free.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Topping question for Heather??? new
      #350507 - 10/01/09 02:21 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Heather, what do you put on the top of pie in place of dairy whipped cream?

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

I don't top it with anything... new
      #350522 - 10/02/09 11:37 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

but there are some recipes in the recipe index on the site for non-dairy whipped toppings. Have not tried those.

If it's a pie filling that works with meringue I'll sometimes do that - fat free and looks pretty. Not sure that would be good with the chocolate cream pie, but it's great with lemon meringue and some others.

If you just want the pie to look nice for company, you could add some sugared fresh mint leaves or some chocolate curls.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I don't top it with anything... new
      #350526 - 10/02/09 12:38 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I really miss chocolate and whipped cream. Okay, we solved the chocolate issue here, can anyone on this board offer a safe and tasty substitute for whipped cream. Some taste like 'soapsuds' and I hate those. I'm looking for some thing that tastes similar to dairy cream, yet safe for IBS.

Blessings to all!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

So is using Jello Instant VANILLA or CHOCOLATE pudding with Almond milk/soy not ok?? NT new
      #350531 - 10/02/09 05:35 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Re: So is using Jello Instant VANILLA or CHOCOLATE pudding with Almond milk/soy not ok?? NT new
      #350541 - 10/03/09 07:51 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

The instant pudding doesn't set if you use soy milk. I believe the Jello cooked pudding sets up, but I've never tried it.

Re: Fab Vegan Chocolate Soy Pudding - yes even non vegans will love it new
      #350553 - 10/03/09 01:38 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

This recipe cooks up super fast, in about 5 minutes. I think it's too sweet, so when I make it again, I'm going to cut back on the sugar, maybe even as much as half. Thanks for the recipe - I love how quick it is!!

Dream Whip new
      #350602 - 10/05/09 07:14 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Try dream whip its in the baking section of your grocery store in a box it comes in like packages just flow the directions and just replace the milk with the milk of your choice. Its good and taste a little better than cool whip. Its easy to make. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8611

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review