All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
tofu noodles
      #348796 - 08/06/09 08:00 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Any ideas of what to do with those tofu noodles sold in water in a bag? I bought some weeks ago and they are still good but it is time I figured out how to use them.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey, I have two bags in the fridge! new
      #348827 - 08/07/09 04:32 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

And have been wondering what to do with them.

I think I'm going to cook them, cool them, and then toss with some finely shredded carrots, scallions, jicama, and fresh mint, cilantro and basil. Maybe some crushed peanuts.

Then I'm making some kind of Thai/ Vietnamese dressing with fish sauce, lime juice, a little sugar.

I'm not going to measure, just throw it all together for a hot weather dinnner.

XOXO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Hey, I have two bags in the fridge! new
      #348828 - 08/07/09 06:54 PM
Little Minnie

I did make these tonight. They are so fast! I got home from work and threw some homegrown veggies/garlic in seasoned EVOO in a saute pan. I rinsed the noodles real well and drained. After the veggies browned up I put in a little broth and the noodles and cooked for just a minute, then removed. I then put more oil in the pan and tofu cubes. Then I deglazed with more broth and added the noodles and veggies back and served. DH loved it (he also had some chicken in his) and thought the noodles were great. He asked why there were so few and I said they were expensive and told him they were tofu and had only 40 calories a bag. He was quite happy with them but did joke about his testicles shrinking from all the soy.
I noticed the noodles were a little rubbery I guess but not when eating them with the other food, only when chewing alone and thinking about it.
I think there are many ways to use these and save huge calories!!!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: tofu noodles new
      #349030 - 08/13/09 02:45 PM
Cheryl in Sarasota

Reged: 04/02/09

If you go to the Hungry Girl website (http://www.hungrygirl.com/)
she has tons of receipes using the Tofu noodles. She says they are best with creamy, cheesy sauces which leaves us out.

I have tried them several times but this Italian Girl can't get past the fishy mushy taste.

Re: tofu noodles new
      #349042 - 08/13/09 09:14 PM
Little Minnie

Did you rinse them very well like it said to? I rinsed and rinsed and let drain, then cooked them with veggies and put a sauce to it. We like spicy Asian food and I think that would hide any flavor pretty well.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4942

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review