Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Canned Soup
      #3473 - 03/20/03 03:00 PM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Can someone please clarify for me.

I thought that canned soup wreaks havoc on someone with IBS because of what they put in it. I've definitely figured out that canned chicken noodle soup does NOT agree with me. Some people have posted recipes with canned soups in them.

I'm now confused about this whole soup issue

Lorna

--------------------
Lorna

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Canned Soup new
      #3475 - 03/20/03 03:06 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

There is a LOT of variety in canned soups. Health food stores carry brands that have no additives, msg, preservatives, etc. Grocery stores sometimes carry brands like this too. What really matters here is that the variety you choose is low fat, dairy free, and has no meat in it. Canned chicken noodle soups are often very high in fat - that's probably what triggered problems for you.

Also, there have been a lot of posts about Imagine prepared soups, which are actually not in cans but in aseptic boxes. These soups are very low fat, most are dairy free, and they have nothing but good ingredients in them. They're a great option for quick lunches or dinners, or for cooking with.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Canned Soup new
      #3507 - 03/20/03 06:36 PM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

AHHHHHHHHH! Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I've been avoiding any kind of soup like the plague. Glad to hear I can come back on board!

Lorna

--------------------
Lorna

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2184

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review